chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Has anyone had a memory quilt made? Recommend a seamstress?

I want to make a memory quilt for my daughter from her t-shirts from various events. Does anyone have an online seamstress they recommend for something like this?

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would love to know too! I have bins of clothes I would love to get rid of once the quilts are made.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I only know of a local person, I've seen it mentioned in Facebook by friends and on nextdoor. I would feel better taking those treasured items to someone local. Maybe you could ask friends or on a neighborhood app?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My neighbor does this. Her quilts are stunning. She's on IG as wildquiltworks.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I’m going to get instructions from DH’s aunt. My question is: Do you wait until they’re done with high school sports and all those tees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I’m going to get instructions from DH’s aunt. My question is: Do you wait until they’re done with high school sports and all those tees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I plan to wait until after HS. I have been saving T’s since preschool so will determine after HS if I have too many. I’m hopeful my mom will be able to make it. She has already made one for DS and DS out of their baby blankets. They are king size and amazing. She did everything except the actual quilting as her machine couldn’t handle the thickness so she took it somewhere for the final step.

There are many places that sew squares together so it’s more of a blanket but not necessarily a quilt. So just make sure you are getting what you want.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am doing this too! MIL is going to make it, she made one for me and I love it. (For all my complaining about her, her sewing skills are unmatched lol.) But I think I decided to late, she'll need about 25 t-shirts and I only have half that. I have a list of things to get, and am hoping I can scrounge some up from the town Buy Nothing page. The sports shirts are tough bc that polyester fabric probably won't work, according to MIL. I hope she likes it!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuedeShoes View Post
    My neighbor does this. Her quilts are stunning. She's on IG as wildquiltworks.
    Wow, those are stunning quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I am doing this too! MIL is going to make it, she made one for me and I love it. (For all my complaining about her, her sewing skills are unmatched lol.) But I think I decided to late, she'll need about 25 t-shirts and I only have half that. I have a list of things to get, and am hoping I can scrounge some up from the town Buy Nothing page. The sports shirts are tough bc that polyester fabric probably won't work, according to MIL. I hope she likes it!!
    Wow, that is so fortunate your MIL is so talented. So far my daughter has close to 30 shirts. We might have to pare it down.

This is a business started but a guy from my area. I know several people who have gotten this company's quilts.

https://www.projectrepat.com/?utm_so...SAAEgIJRfD_BwE