Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Slate Piece CDC Noble Lies

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07...h0FhLDwr4C7Ucw

This piece sums up everything I have been thinking but had no ability to put it all together like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Very interesting. I agree that we need transparency and honesty. It’s okay to say, “we were wrong about saying the general public doesn’t need to wear masks. We’ve now since realized that masks are the primary means to reduce transmission.”
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Thanks for sharing this.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Slate Piece CDC Noble Lies

Thank you for posting that. I feel the same way. I feel like the CDC doesn’t know what the left hand is doing and issuing decisions based on what the right hand is doing; but then is complicating things by listening to the left foot instead of the left hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Agree. Those who are happily compliant will just go with the flow and comply with the ever changing guidance. But the skeptics are just more hardened against the restrictions.

And the internal memos that come to light don’t help. I just read a nyt article that shows internal CDC memo indicated that Delta is as contagious as chicken pox and that vaxed people carry just as much viral load and are just as contagious. This has not been the prevailing narrative until just recently as surely indicating to the public that vaxed people are susceptible to and spreads of Covid doesn’t help increase vax rates among the hesitant and resistant.

Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It looks like the recent mask change was prompted by a large outbreak of delta this summer among mostly vaccinated people in Cape Cod, suggesting that vaxed people can catch and spread delta. Not what we want to hear right now, especially after they previously said that vaccinated people most likely can’t spread it. If only the US would watch what is happening elsewhere around the world before making these huge decisions for America! We couldn’t learn from India or the UK could we?