Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do we know for sure that masking will help? I'm curious if people should also refrain from being in a small room with people for longer than, say, 15 min, even with masks?

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Breakthrough COVID cases

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Do we know for sure that masking will help? I'm curious if people should also refrain from being in a small room with people for longer than, say, 15 min, even with masks?
    If it’s as contagious as chicken pox and we already know that covid is airborne, not just droplet transmission, then actually you are absolutely right. But I suppose masks would still help atleast with the droplet transmission spread which can also happen? This article posted here by someone a while back made the distinction clear to me https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...ed-covid-kill/

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

[QUOTE=specialp;4402416]Agree. Same boat.

Dh had 2 vaccinated coworkers test + last weekend. Not related to each other and both are staying at home. One had not be in the office much, but the other was in a conference room for several hours with six other vaccinated people (not employees) a day or two beforehand. By Friday, all six were positive. As far as we know, no other employees who had contact throughout the day or week are +, just the people who were in that room for several hours, but it was all of them.[/QUOT

Wow, this says a lot. In this case, vaccinated people in a room with a vaccinated infected person and many get infected. May I ask how everyone's symptoms are (asymptomatic, mild, more than that)?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

And what does this mean for schools this fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    And what does this mean for schools this fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know. I was just asking a question. And I wasn't even thinking about school. I was more thinking about indoor dining, shopping, bars, etc.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    Agree. Same boat.

Dh had 2 vaccinated coworkers test + last weekend. Not related to each other and both are staying at home. One had not be in the office much, but the other was in a conference room for several hours with six other vaccinated people (not employees) a day or two beforehand. By Friday, all six were positive. As far as we know, no other employees who had contact throughout the day or week are +, just the people who were in that room for several hours, but it was all of them.
    Ugh. I think my workplace is going back to masks for all later this week. I have a leadership team retreat tomorrow and Wednesday and ~10 of us will be in a meeting room most of the day together. All are vaccinated, but this has me thinking we should be masked.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Ugh. I think my workplace is going back to masks for all later this week. I have a leadership team retreat tomorrow and Wednesday and ~10 of us will be in a meeting room most of the day together. All are vaccinated, but this has me thinking we should be masked.
    My work said last week that all employees must be masked, vaxxed or not, if indoors and not alone in a closed office. So yes it's advise you mask up.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

This is my question also. Don't get me wrong, I am very concerned and not happy that our schools will be 'mask optional' this fall starting in a few weeks (unless they change it), but I also am wondering if masks will even work with the Delta variant, I feel like we don't really know that yet since thanks to the CDC.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

I've read that cloth masks might not be the best protection. But then the same story said KN95/N95s aren't super comfortable for anyone over several hours, nor are they designed for kids. So that's not really helpful information concerning back to school....or really for anyone who needs to wear it for long periods of the day.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I've read that cloth masks might not be the best protection. But then the same story said KN95/N95s aren't super comfortable for anyone over several hours, nor are they designed for kids. So that's not really helpful information concerning back to school....or really for anyone who needs to wear it for long periods of the day.

Agree. Now that we are where we are (the virus is still here, getting worse, etc), we need more info on which masks really work for protection and can also be accessible for the general poplulation. We have been wearing Stark's masks, which have a vacuum filter, but honestly I dont wash them very often as we are not in public places very much. I have no idea if they still do what they are suppposed to do or not. And can you re-use masks if you put them some place for several days after using and dont wash?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast