Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Breakthrough COVID cases

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    I’ve been wondering the same thing. My vaccinated 12 year old DD has been doing indoor dance unmasked. I wonder if they should start masking now, but I’m sure there will be resistance from some folks that will say that dancing with masks on is difficult. By the way, we’ve also been carpooling to said dance class with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Mine played soccer in 90+ degree weather with a mask. Does band camp daily (7 hours, 5 outside) masked. I would expect a dancer to be fine for class. he’s vaccinated

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

A friend’s aunt, uncle and adult cousin all got Covid recently while out of state. The uncle is the sickest, not sure how bad it will get as they were just recently infected. Because they tested positive, they are not able to fly home.

I had just recently relaxed our precautions (I wasn’t wearing a mask anymore while grocery shopping, went out to eat indoors a few times) but with what we know about Delta, I am going back to our cautious ways.

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don’t know anyone with a breakthrough case and delta is rampant in our state. I guess we will see what happens going forward. I’ve chosen to step back activity and mask up again in my area.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don’t know anyone with a breakthrough case and delta is rampant in our state. I guess we will see what happens going forward. I’ve chosen to step back activity and mask up again in my area.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I personally don't know anyone who has had a breakthrough case yet, but most of everyone I know is in Los Angeles and didn't get the vaccine until April 15th or later, which is when it became available to everyone. So we're all only 3 months out.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I personally don't know anyone with a breakthrough case. Although of course I have a lot of acquaintances who have chosen not to get vaccinated, in my family and close friends circle everyone's been vaxxed. Most of those people stopped wearing masks and such as soon as the CDC released their updated (now old) guidance earlier this summer. I personally have continued to mask pretty much all the time, b/c I always have my young unvaccinated kids with me and expected them to mask. I did enjoy a meal inside at a restaurant with a friend a couple times over the summer, but I'm back to avoiding inside dining again until my kids can get vaccinated. Aaaand, the vaccination rate in my county is only 21% so most people locally I know that have had COVID recently are dealing with a non-breakthrough infection.
    Lizi

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I know several breakthrough cases, EVEN from outdoor weddings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I personally don't know anyone who has had a breakthrough case yet, but most of everyone I know is in Los Angeles and didn't get the vaccine until April 15th or later, which is when it became available to everyone. So we're all only 3 months out.
    I'm not in LA proper but same!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

One person And his unvaccinated younger dd got infected with a mild case. They had recently traveled and socialized and dined indoors a lot so guessing that was it.
    Another friend is a doctor and got very ill but has recovered now. She got vaccinated way back in December, I believe, so it’s been over six months and she thinks she probably needed a booster. She said her case is extremely rare but could have been much worse had she not been vaccinated.
    Also, another college student we know got it (mild case). I’m pretty sure he been socializing normally after getting vaccinated. He had just returned home from Texas and isolated from the rest of the family and noone else got it.
    In addition to this, I know of people in India who got it after one vaccine. The vaccine rollout there was very slow. We also know of a few who got very sick or even died after being vaccinated, though I don’t know them well enough to know if they were TRULY fully vaxed. I think over there, the minute they get the second dose they relax.

We are supposed to go to an outdoor wedding in September… Ceremony is indoors in a church- not sure I will feel comfortable with that part- maybe with a mask. Sigh..
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

https://apple.news/A41Fudjl_RQWO3uXQXeKuAQ
    This 900-person delta cluster in Mass. has CDC freaked out—74% are vaccinated
    Last edited by JBaxter; 07-31-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast