Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

just wanted to pop on here and said i heard of the first "breakthrough" case of someone i know personally (a high school classmate). she and her husband are both vaccinated (their 3 kids are not vaxxed as they are too young). they did a family road trip a couple weeks ago over a few states. Somehow towards the end they both ended up getting breakthrough cases plus their 3 kids all got COVID. Friend says it's the sickest she's been in decades, though after 1 week they are on the upswing. One of her kids had to go to urgent care once they got back home but are doing ok now.

THe scary thing is they have no idea how they got it - they really only stopped along the way to use restrooms or get takeout. They both were vaxed in May so not that long ago. I know she is pretty healthy, like me (not overweight at all, no underlying health conditions, works out regularly, etc). They're on the west coast in a very liberal/progressive state and i know she is pro-mask, social-distancing and It's not like they went to big gatherings or anything like that. This freaks me out!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I know at least a dozen breakthrough cases personally. Spans age and gender and geographic location in the US and vaccine type. In all cases the people were sick but no hospitalization, no death, and best of all no spread to the vaccinated people they cohabitate with. So their vaccines are working just as they should…reduce serious illness and spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I know at least a dozen breakthrough cases personally. Spans age and gender and geographic location in the US and vaccine type. In all cases the people were sick but no hospitalization, no death, and best of all no spread to the vaccinated people they cohabitate with. So their vaccines are working just as they should…reduce serious illness and spread.

oh yeah i 100% agree! my friend even said they were both so glad they were vaccinated and coulnd't imagine how much worse it could have been.

i'm sure i personally know way more people who have had breakthrough cases but i just haven't been aware bc they're not posting it on social media. right now working from home for past 18 months, i really don't get a chance to talk to people at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post

oh yeah i 100% agree! my friend even said they were both so glad they were vaccinated and coulnd't imagine how much worse it could have been.

i'm sure i personally know way more people who have had breakthrough cases but i just haven't been aware bc they're not posting it on social media. right now working from home for past 18 months, i really don't get a chance to talk to people at all.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just heard today my sister is positive. She is a teacher and has been moved out of her class to sub this week for a couple of days. . She has fatigue and sinus pain.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by AustenFan View Post
    But you guys, now that we've had covid, I wish I could go back to my March 2020 self and tell her to calm down. As my husband says, this is our new normal. Covid will be part of our life forever, and for many of us, even with medically fragile family members, it's really going to be okay!
    I'm catching up on some BBB threads tonight and just wanted to tell you thank you. I'm so worried and stressed. My DH's hospital is packed. My kids are unvaccinated. My family members across the country are carrying on as normal, even as my immediate family is clamping down. Your post was so calm and reassuring. I can't say I'm going to quit worrying, but indeed your experience aligns with the stats. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by #2ontheway View Post
    I'm catching up on some BBB threads tonight and just wanted to tell you thank you. I'm so worried and stressed. My DH's hospital is packed. My kids are unvaccinated. My family members across the country are carrying on as normal, even as my immediate family is clamping down. Your post was so calm and reassuring. I can't say I'm going to quit worrying, but indeed your experience aligns with the stats. Thank you.
    Oh, I'm glad that my experience was able to give you at least a tiny measure of peace! I should update on us--DH never got covid despite having slept next to me before we realized anyone was sick, so the combo of his vaccine and isolating from us worked! My little three kids are totally fine. My oldest two have said their toothpaste tastes funny but have had no other loss of taste or smell and are otherwise totally fine. I had cold-like symptoms for two weeks with a couple days of fatigue in there, but since then, I've felt back to 100%.
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Just got home and DH announced he got his booster today. He said his doctor told him to get it as soon as he could. He is on immune suppressing drugs for his psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis. He and I received our second vaccination first week of April. he doesnt appear to be having any side effects> We didn't have any after the first 2 shots either.

I just found out from my cousin that not only did he get violently ill after his first vaccination shot, he also got a pulmonary embolism. His doctor told him not to get any more vaccinations. He's 44yo. We only go see them now when it's warm enough to sit on their porch outside. No more Thanksgiving together (unless we all quarantine beforehand, I guess).
    Gatorsmom, so glad DH got the booster! Did your cousin get the J&J shot? My cousin got the J&J and she got an embolism, so asking out of curiosity!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    Gatorsmom, so glad DH got the booster! Did your cousin get the J&J shot? My cousin got the J&J and she got an embolism, so asking out of curiosity!
    No, my cousin got the first shot of Pfizer vax but he is a double transplant recipient so his health is precarious anyway. I meant to add that the day after Dh got his booster he was SICK. Like debilitating headache and his whole body ached. That lasted about a day and a half, and then he was fine. He had no problems with either of his first 2 Pfizer vaccination shots so maybe he was due.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

KpbS: I hope your sister is ok and recovers quickly!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast