Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by sf333 View Post
    Does your friend’s husband have any pre-existing conditions or is he high risk? It’s always alarming to hear of vaccinated people requiring ICU-level care.
    Looking at the numbers, it seems there is a good reduction in catching COVID if vaccinated. There also is a good reduction in needing hospitalized if you catch COVID when vaccinated. But I’ve been struck with how little reduction there is from there. For people who end up in the hospital things like whether you end up in the ICU or die are pretty similar to the percentages for unvaccinated people who end up in the hospital. With a big sample size you can achieve a statistically significant difference for tiny actual differences in the numbers, but it seems to me risk once you are sick enough to require hospitalization is functionally quite similar.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Double post… always.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sf333 View Post
    Does your friend’s husband have any pre-existing conditions or is he high risk? It’s always alarming to hear of vaccinated people requiring ICU-level care.
    I am not sure. I feel like maybe he has one pre-existing condition because she was worried about him when it all started but I’m not 100%. He is in his mid to late 50s I believe.

She did let me know not long ago that the social worker called to let her know she was setting up oxygen for him to get at home, so that sounds promising. I guess he cut the amount of oxygen he need in half over night. I just hope when they send him home it’s because he’s really ready for it.

ETA: After he received his monocular antibodies, he felt a ton better within hours. I'm sure those with the combination of oxygen contributed but it sounds like he's doing so much better now thankfully. I can't imagine what it would have been like if he wasn't vaccinated. And her covid test came back negative!
    Last edited by MSWR0319; 09-18-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15