Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    https://apple.news/A41Fudjl_RQWO3uXQXeKuAQ
    This 900-person delta cluster in Mass. has CDC freaked out—74% are vaccinated
    No deaths, 4 vaccinated people hospitalized but 2 of those had underlying conditions. I’d say that’s a win for the vaccine not a cause for freaking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Breakthrough COVID cases

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    No deaths, 4 vaccinated people hospitalized but 2 of those had underlying conditions. I’d say that’s a win for the vaccine not a cause for freaking out.

Agree! I think it’s proof the vaccine is working how it should…preventing serious illness and death.

My FIL is on day 7 of breakthrough case. Still has a cough. Feels run down. Otherwise fine. He’s Just frustrated that after 7 days he doesn’t feel better yet. Heck I’d take a cough and tiredness over any of the other symptoms people have had!!

Update: he now has a fever of 101. Took a week before a fever started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalky
    Last edited by wendibird22; 08-01-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A friend had a breakthrough case and had Moderna vax in March/April. However he did also travel to several countries in Europe and admitted he had become complacent. He was sick for about 5 days.

We just picked our fully vaxxed DC up from a 2 week camp and they both have colds. I took DS to get tested as he is going to another camp this week so needed to make sure it was just a cold. He was negative thank goodness. It was concerning though that it was difficult to get a same day appointment. The clinic we went to said they had a lot of positives yesterday.

Our school never did testing and I’m not sure why. Last year our school had about 100 cases among 1600 students/staff throughout the year. Only one of those was suspected to have transferred at school. They are continuing most of the same precautions this year except for now saying masks optional for vaccinated. It may change and I was at first surprised they would single out unvaccinated but I am hoping it will be a motivation for those eligible to get vaxxed. It’s a TK-12 school so there will still be many in masks.

I have one close friend who tested positive post vaccination. She is what I would consider middle of the road precaution-wise and had stopped wearing masks after mandates were lifted. She traveled for work right before and feels she was infected somewhere along that trip. She felt nasty for around 4-5 days with chills, aches, and a bad cough but then spent the rest of quarantine mostly going stir-crazy. Her husband and kids never tested positive. Kids are too young for vax.

Our state positivity rate is 9.5% and our county is 5.5%. I'm pretty sure this won't be the only person I know with COVID during this surge. Hopefully our family will continue to avoid it and if infected that our vaccines limit the symptoms/effects. DD is still too young and we will continue to protect her.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post

It’s not good enough for someone who is severely immune compromised. I am planning on seeing my mom (she hasn’t seen her grandkids in 2 years), and she’s undergoing treatment for a rare form of blood cancer and has zero immune system. It might be the last time we see her. So those statistics aren’t good enough for us. She would be the one to catch it and die. Now we are afraid to see her and need to test before we fly and after we arrive. My sister is afraid to let her kids go to school (masked) because she needs to care for my mom. I was feeling pretty good before the delta resurgence, but now I’m freaking out.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

My mom got vaccinated on the same day and at the same place as about 10 of her friends because one of them found out about a back door way to get an appointment and shared it with the rest.
    So far, 2 of the people from that group have gotten COVID, both from un-vaccinated son-in-laws!
    The first one tested positive four weeks after the second shot. Her daughter and son-in-law had been very careful but her son-in-law had to go to a work meeting where there were about 40 people stuffed into a room for 4 hours. Several of them tested positive. He wasn't eligible for vaccination yet then. He ended up hospitalized, his wife got sick but was able to stay home and take care of their 2 young kids. My mom's friend got sick but did not need medical care. She is the type of person who may have died without the vaccine - obese, 70+, poor overall health.
    The second friend happened in June. Their daughter and son-in-law and 4 year old granddaughter live in South Africa and came to the US primarily to get vaccinated because they hadn't been able to get shots in Africa. They tested negative before getting on the plane, but the husband tested positive after they got off the plane. They were staying with my mom's friends. They immediately sent SIL to the basement to quarantine and were throwing food down the steps to him to avoid contact. Next his wife got sick, and then my mom's friend's husband. My mom's friend and the granddaughter never tested positive. He has several medical issues and his doctor said he should go to the hospital for monoclonal antibodies, so he did. He got sick but not seriously ill.
    All of this has made me much more cautious than I had been, primarily because of my un-vaccinated kid who I think would probably be fine if he got COVID but I don't want him to have to miss out on his summer activities because he tests positive. He has been in a bubble at camp for 3 weeks now but will be coming home next week and we will resume twice a week testing at home (our county is handing out kits for un-vax'd kids).

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So now I guess I "know" someone. My sister's boyfriend's brother (got that?) and his wife were fully vaccinated when they went to visit her (mostly unvaccinated) family in Idaho and they came back to positive COVID tests. He was entirely asymptomatic but she has mild symptoms. They're 40ish years old. It is feeling kinda real!

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My coworker just texted me that she is now positive. She has been vaccinated and was infected by her daughter. Her DD tested positive last week and both she (coworker) and her vaccinated husband were told to show up to work as normal. We have not been wearing masks at work since the vaccinated were exempt. I'm sure she spread it around like crazy as we work in close quarters with many others.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    My coworker just texted me that she is now positive. She has been vaccinated and was infected by her daughter. Her DD tested positive last week and both she (coworker) and her vaccinated husband were told to show up to work as normal. We have not been wearing masks at work since the vaccinated were exempt. I'm sure she spread it around like crazy as we work in close quarters with many others.
    Ugh, this delta variant is a total game changer with policies. A few weeks ago telling a fully vaccinated person that they didn't have to quarantine when exposed was sound medical guidance. Now, it's not. And so we basically went a few weeks (months?) blissfully unaware that the unmasking and no quarantining are contributing to the spread. I hope your coworkers all fair well and that exposure was minimal.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    It’s not good enough for someone who is severely immune compromised. I am planning on seeing my mom (she hasn’t seen her grandkids in 2 years), and she’s undergoing treatment for a rare form of blood cancer and has zero immune system. It might be the last time we see her. So those statistics aren’t good enough for us. She would be the one to catch it and die. Now we are afraid to see her and need to test before we fly and after we arrive. My sister is afraid to let her kids go to school (masked) because she needs to care for my mom. I was feeling pretty good before the delta resurgence, but now I’m freaking out.
    Agree. Same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    Dh had 2 vaccinated coworkers test + last weekend. Not related to each other and both are staying at home. One had not be in the office much, but the other was in a conference room for several hours with six other vaccinated people (not employees) a day or two beforehand. By Friday, all six were positive. As far as we know, no other employees who had contact throughout the day or week are +, just the people who were in that room for several hours, but it was all of them.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast