Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default For fun - dress me for a wedding

A colleague is getting married at a fancy ocean front mansion in late October in New England. I expect it to be a very high end event. For now, ignore all the talk of delta, etc., and pretend it's just going to be a really fun normal time.

I found this photo on Pinterest and I love it. I think my mom could sew a full green skirt like this or I could get one on Etsy.

I have some black Paul Green heels that are super comfortable that I'd like to wear.

Need help with a top and a bag and jewelry. Do you think I could get away with a cashmere twin set? Or a black silk top? I like to be warm and late October can start to get chilly.

c0624e8ed4ed8c501d55212d06b76746.jpg
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    None in particular. I'm not going to buy real diamonds or a designer $700 bag for one event, but I can also splurge a little
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Here is your cashmere cardigan: https://www.garnethill.com/cashmere-...Term=Cashmere&. It would look fantastic with that skirt. It’s warm and so very soft. I have this in a couple of colors and it’s a favorite. It’s also very flattering.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Here is your cashmere cardigan: https://www.garnethill.com/cashmere-...Term=Cashmere&. It would look fantastic with that skirt. It’s warm and so very soft. I have this in a couple of colors and it’s a favorite. It’s also very flattering.
    Classic! Was looking at a boden one, but that one is also nice. https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/cashm.../sty-k0368-blk
    And a black cashmere cardigan is something I could always get a lot of wear out of.

Maybe with this under? https://naadam.co/collections/fancy-...32924035612768
    Probably size down so it's a bit fitted. Can wear the cardigan for the church and take it off for dancing later.

Still need to sort a bag and jewelry..
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I absolutely love this! It is very similar to what my bridesmaids wore in 2003 (February) except the skirt was silver and we did a black ballet neck like cashmere sweater.

Sweater wise I would do a short sleeve top vs. a cardigan. I think a twin set would change the whole classy/retro/mild edge to the outfit. What about these?:

Neiman Marcus elbow length sweater

Neiman Marcus slit sleeve sweater

Neiman Marcus cold shoulder sweater(please see past the pants the model has on )

Handbag wise I would do something like these:
    Chole Faye handbag

Chloe Joan handbag

Demelier London mini Venice handbag

Jewelry wise I would probably keep it understated a bit. Do you have diamond stud earrings? Or maybe look at something like this:

diamond drop earrings

Also how you do your hair is going to to effect which type of jewelry you chose.

Shoe wise what do the Paul Green heels look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-31-2021 at 09:59 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I absolutely love this! It is very similar to what my bridesmaids wore in 2003 (February) except the skirt was silver and we did a black ballet neck like cashmere sweater.

Sweater wise I would do a short sleeve top vs. a cardigan. I think a twin set would change the whole classy/retro/mild edge to the outfit. What about these?:

Neiman Marcus elbow length sweater

Neiman Marcus slit sleeve sweater

Neiman Marcus cold shoulder sweater(please see past the pants the model has on )

Handbag wise I would do something like these:
    Chole Faye handbag

Chloe Joan handbag

Demelier London mini Venice handbag

Jewelry wise I would probably keep it understated a bit. Do you have diamond stud earrings? Or maybe look at something like this:

diamond drop earrings

Also how you do your hair is going to to effect which type of jewelry you chose.

Shoe wise what do the Paul Green heels look like?

I love the slit sleeve sweater with the pearl buttons and the Chloe Joan bag! You are right about the classy/edgy vibe.

I don't have diamond studs (well I do, but they are tiny ones from when I was a teenager), but not opposed to getting some chunky CZ ones.

Will wear my hair up, most likely, I'm not really a hair down person.

Shoes are these...and they feel like wearing sneakers. I think they look more fancy in person. https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...waAuxoEALw_wcB
    Last edited by basil; 07-31-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

My DD thinks this is awesome: https://loefflerrandall.com/products...oaAsjfEALw_wcB

I can't decide if it is totally fabulous or completely OTT
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    My DD thinks this is awesome: https://loefflerrandall.com/products...oaAsjfEALw_wcB

I can't decide if it is totally fabulous or completely OTT
    That is definitely fun, but not sure I would buy it for the price because that is a one time use bag imho.

The shoes would be great with that outfit…..and I totally get comfy shoes at a wedding.

You could do a Pearl drop type of earring as well especially if you were to do the pear slit sleeve sweater.

Pearl drop earrings

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Are you thinking you're wanting black? My first thought was that this skirt would look great with a rich, cream-colored top. Though that would depend on your skin tone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast