acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Places to visit in/near MD

Our family is headed down to Maryland for a few days to see family in the Aberdeen area in August. DH can take an extra day of vacation that week so we were hoping to spend it in a fun location in that area. We will only have 1 extra day/night and want something with outdoor activities, restaurants etc. as we won't be doing indoor stuff due to covid. We have been to Baltimore multiple times and enjoy the inner harbor so that is a possibility, but are leaning toward other options that we haven't seen, including maybe a beach day (but not sure which beaches to look at) or Annapolis. Any advice or suggestions of places to consider?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    Our family is headed down to Maryland for a few days to see family in the Aberdeen area in August. DH can take an extra day of vacation that week so we were hoping to spend it in a fun location in that area. We will only have 1 extra day/night and want something with outdoor activities, restaurants etc. as we won't be doing indoor stuff due to covid. We have been to Baltimore multiple times and enjoy the inner harbor so that is a possibility, but are leaning toward other options that we haven't seen, including maybe a beach day (but not sure which beaches to look at) or Annapolis. Any advice or suggestions of places to consider?

Thanks!!
    The beach is a good 2.5 to 3hours from Aberdeen, but Annapolis is very doable.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Lewes or Rehoboth are doable. 2 hours unless you hit bad traffic (aka leave really early and, if you can, avoid weekends).
    My friends loved their visit to St. Michaels too. Same kind of distance.
    I think Kent Island looks really neat too.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Havre De Grace is pretty and right next to Aberdeen- there is a nice boardwalk, good playground and a cute downtown. Annapolis is fun also and plenty to do for an overnight. I probably wouldn't go all the way to the Eastern shore for the beach for just one day, but I like Rehoboth. Susquehanna state park is cool also and close to Aberdeen. Chestertown is a nice town on the bay side, not quite as far as the ocean beaches or as far south as Saint Michaels but fun to explore.