Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I also sent a extra mask with DS. The only time he ever changed was a few times in the spring when it got super sweaty at recess before the outdoor mask mandate was dropped.

I'll admit none of us have ever been super cautious about what we do with our masks when we temporarily take them off, so I'm not sure what he did during lunch. Probably left it on his desk or shoved it in his pocket.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I posted on Dear Pandemic's facebook page and asked if KF95s can be reused if left for several days. This was their response

You can re-use KF94s if letting sit for a week-- jthe virus can't survive outside the body for long. Just use a breathable paper bag or open container rather than a plastic bag to not encourage growth of other microbes

I am interested in knowing what those of you who had your kids in full day school with masks suggest as far as masks for one day. Did you think its good to send a second mask for after lunch, some kind of bag to keep the mask in or what? I remember there was a little discussion about this, but my kids were home and interested to know what people think now.
    My DS2 never used the extra mask I packed for hybrid school, nor for the all-day day camp he was in this summer. I plan to send both my kids wearing a mask and have them keep an extra one in their backpack in case they drop/lose/sneeze in/sweat in the one they start the day with. DS2 uses the strap that holds the mask when he takes it off, DS1 just puts in his pocket while eating.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hesitated on getting more of those 32 degrees kids masks from amazon and they're gone! We have a few of these from Costco (like 4!) and I'd like to get more. My kids do find them easy to use and comfortable. Anyone find them anywhere else?

I have 4(!) 32 degrees masks, about 12 Bluna ones, and kids disposable masks from Costco. It looks like I need to pick up some brown bags as well.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am interested in knowing what those of you who had your kids in full day school with masks suggest as far as masks for one day. Did you think its good to send a second mask for after lunch, some kind of bag to keep the mask in or what? I remember there was a little discussion about this, but my kids were home and interested to know what people think now.
    We all use mask straps every time we wear a mask. It allows us to take it on and off easily when outside/eating/driving without touching the front or having to put it anywhere. We use them with both cloth and disposable masks. My kids always carried an extra disposable mask in their backpack in a ziploc but never used. DS1 went to school full day when he went back and DS2 did full day camp (and is currently at sleepaway camp with 50 disposable masks and 3 mask straps). We've been using these since the beginning of the pandemic:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0882KNCG3...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I hesitated on getting more of those 32 degrees kids masks from amazon and they're gone! We have a few of these from Costco (like 4!) and I'd like to get more. My kids do find them easy to use and comfortable. Anyone find them anywhere else?

I have 4(!) 32 degrees masks, about 12 Bluna ones, and kids disposable masks from Costco. It looks like I need to pick up some brown bags as well.
    I am seeing some on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35360508185...Cclp%3A2334524

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    Thank you!!

I posted on Dear Pandemic's facebook page and asked if KF95s can be reused if left for several days. This was their response

You can re-use KF94s if letting sit for a week-- jthe virus can't survive outside the body for long. Just use a breathable paper bag or open container rather than a plastic bag to not encourage growth of other microbes

My kids just wore the same mask all day. They would not have worn the lanyards, they just set the masks down I'm sure for lunch/snack. They had extras but they never changed them mid day except if DS2 had a nose bleed.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD2 wore a neck strap/lanyard on her mask so that if it was off, it was still attached to her and less likely to get dirty. DS & DD1 thought those were geeky and wouldn't wear them, so they just kind of stuck them on their wrist or just pulled the mask below their chin.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

DD did change her mask after lunch each day. A fresh one was in a bag in her lunchbox. Extras were in her backpack, just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

So...I ended up ordering straps Latia recommended and brown paper bags.

DH didn't want to do ebay, plus he reminded me that DD chews on that kind of cloth mask (the cloth 32 degrees ones). That just can't be good at preventing viral spread. On the other hand, DS3 is the one that doesn't like the way the Bluna smell...

Right now my mask game is relying primarily on those Bluna ones. I have only 12 right now. My thought is that's enough to get through a couple of weeks and more if we reuse them by putting them in a paper bag. We also have 4 of the 32 degrees cloth masks. Those might work well for DS3. They're super easy and he likes them. Four is enough to give me time to run them through the laundry, but of course I'd love about double that amount. We still have some of the disposable masks that actually fit my kids. The mask size is the same but the straps are "tighter" on my littles so they fit ok. I'm going to hoard those. They'll be backups for the backpack/lunch. Then I'll see what happens and order what actually works?

ETA: At the last minute added more of those Bluna masks. Only $20... and more peace of mind!
    Last edited by bisous; 08-05-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast