Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Masks for kids, again... Post your new finds!

School starts in three weeks. We have a fair stash of masks, but in light of the current state of things, I find myself wanting to find better masks! What are you using for the upcoming school year? I'm less worried about DS1 and DS2 who have been vaccinated. But I'm worried about DS3(9) and DD(7) who are not eligible for vaccination!

We have used surgical style disposable masks. We got two batches from Amazon and recently got a case of them from Costco. I don't much like the Costco ones as they don't seem to fit well. They're supposed to be 20% smaller than adult masks and they gape around DD's ears. Although they do come with mask adjusters...maybe I'll have to play around with those.

Would love any recommendations and especially links to masks you love!

Thanks for starting this. We did cloth masks all last year but I'd love to find paper kid masks that would work well.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The only kind of masks my kids will wear are 32 degrees. Costco sold them last year but I haven’t seen them for several months and I’m getting worried!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our hands down favorite cloth/reuseable masks are the Athleta everyday pleated style. DD2 (11yr) wears the kid version. DD1 (14) and I wear the adult version. I machine wash and line dry them. They are adjustable and have the nose wire.

DD1 also wears standard adult disposable surgical masks and DD2 has a kid size she likes...I'll have to check the brand and report back.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have used Bluna for kids a couple of times. They fit very well and are very breathable. I think they were recommended here? The only problem is they are $3/mask. If we put them in a paper bag for a week, I wonder if we can re-use?

https://behealthyusa.net/products/fa...36887270326436
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    School starts in three weeks. We have a fair stash of masks, but in light of the current state of things, I find myself wanting to find better masks! What are you using for the upcoming school year? I'm less worried about DS1 and DS2 who have been vaccinated. But I'm worried about DS3(9) and DD(7) who are not eligible for vaccination!

We have used surgical style disposable masks. We got two batches from Amazon and recently got a case of them from Costco. I don't much like the Costco ones as they don't seem to fit well. They're supposed to be 20% smaller than adult masks and they gape around DD's ears. Although they do come with mask adjusters...maybe I'll have to play around with those.

Would love any recommendations and especially links to masks you love!
    We have the Costco surgical ones, because my DS is really sensitive to smell and would never wear the cloth ones after they had been washed (even in unscented detergent). My 7 yo DD likes to twist the ear loops around to help it fit a bit better but they have big-ish wide faces for their ages (half Chinese).

We also liked Happy Masks over the winter so I may pull those out again, but they are pricey, and have seemed too warm for summer.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    The only kind of masks my kids will wear are 32 degrees. Costco sold them last year but I haven’t seen them for several months and I’m getting worried!
    32 DEGREES Cool 5 Pack Kids Comfort FACE Covering MASK https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08FRRMZ...PF8HG8VCQC1CAS
    Not as affordable as Costco but cheaper than Covid I'm sure. My DS2 likes these as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    32 DEGREES Cool 5 Pack Kids Comfort FACE Covering MASK https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08FRRMZ...PF8HG8VCQC1CAS
    Not as affordable as Costco but cheaper than Covid I'm sure. My DS2 likes these as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    My kids actually have these...from Costco, lol. They like them. They're comfortable.

ETA: Didn't see the PP mentioned she couldn't find them there!

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    We have used Bluna for kids a couple of times. They fit very well and are very breathable. I think they were recommended here? The only problem is they are $3/mask. If we put them in a paper bag for a week, I wonder if we can re-use?

We have been using these for church! My kids complain that they smell? Church is only 2 hours so I make them make do. And yes, very expensive for daily use but maybe that's what we're going to need now?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post

We use these. We store them in numbered paper bags after use to use again the following week.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast