Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Masks for kids, again... Post your new finds!

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Wirecutter fans have probably noticed that they have had several relevant reviews lately.

……..And here are their picks for younger kids:
    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...ds-face-masks/……

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    I bought DD1 (15) the adult size ones. I thought about ordering the kid sized ones for DD2 but they looked really small for an 11 year old. Unless you have a really small 11+ year old kid I would recommend the adult size mask. This is DD2 in the Baggu adult mask. Dd1 wears these more than the rest of us. I got irritated with the top part of the mask.

[/QUOTE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-02-2021 at 08:33 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

My kids both like the Old Navy pleated masks with adjustable ear loops. When we need better ones, we like the BOTN KF-94 masks. The small/kids size fits my 7 year old well and I can wear them in a pinch. The medium fits me well, and both sizes have adjustable ear loops and good nose wires. We re-use them for a while, and I have found them much cheaper on Amazon than on the website I originally found them on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2, age 12, 5'2, 105lbs has moved on to wearing disposable masks exclusively for the past several months. He wears these in black. He's at sleepaway camp for 2 weeks and I sent him with a new box of 50 and 3 mask straps (we were contacted on day 4 that a camper had tested positive and the entire cabin and staff associated with that camper was sent home to quarantine and test).

Made in USA, ASTM Level 3 Performance Proven in Nelson Labs Studies, ECOGUARD 3-ply Disposable Face Mask, 50 Pack Breathable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0871HBRV4...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Made in USA, 4-ply Black Face Mask by ECOGUARD, ASTM Level 3 Performance Proven in Nelson Labs Studies, Pack of 50 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TMK8G4N...Y0K2NDMKEBSJGA

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Our family pretty much transitioned to surgical masks over the last few months. I order these for DD https://www.amazon.com/WeCare-Dispos...s%2C209&sr=8-3 and usually order from Armbrust out of convenience. DD can also wear these with the ear straps tied at the mask to make a more "duck" shape. DD, average sized 10 year old, also has some from Baggu in kids size that she wore to school last year.

As we are looking at increased transmission and kids going back to school, I'm pulling out the Happy Masks that we all wore last year. DD outgrew the small last spring but medium is too large. I'm on the hunt for another well-fitting mask for her. DS1 (small faced 15 yo), DS2 (average sized 12 yo) and I all wear medium, DH wears large. I've ordered from Halo and plan to also order from enro and see what DD likes best. I will likely order some of the Bluna masks linked above as well since she's not eligible for vaccination yet.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you get on Be Healthy's email list they send out promo codes and specials frequently. Right now there is 20% off sitewide with promo code BEHEALTHY20. They have 100 mix and match kids' masks for $100. They also have 100 mix and match BOTN KF-94 masks (including adult and kids' sizes) for $120. I believe you can use the promo code with the mix and match special, but IIRC it was hard to find where to enter the promo code last time I ordered.

Edit: Also just noticed they have 100 Bluna FaceFit KF-94 (mix and match adult and kid) for $100 with code BLUNA50. These are what I have been wearing so I think I'll be ordering this so I can just throw them away each day I've used one.
    Last edited by JElaineB; 08-03-2021 at 05:45 PM.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can anyone suggest some that work well with glasses. Dd (14) loves the
    Mama seamstress ones but they are out of business.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    Can anyone suggest some that work well with glasses. Dd (14) loves the
    Mama seamstress ones but they are out of business.
    Dd1 says the Baggu masks are okay as are the plain old surgical masks I linked above. I wear sunglasses and the Save the N95 ones are okay; Dd2 wears glasses full time and is okay with the Save the N 95 ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    If you get on Be Healthy's email list they send out promo codes and specials frequently. Right now there is 20% off sitewide with promo code BEHEALTHY20. They have 100 mix and match kids' masks for $100. They also have 100 mix and match BOTN KF-94 masks (including adult and kids' sizes) for $120. I believe you can use the promo code with the mix and match special, but IIRC it was hard to find where to enter the promo code last time I ordered.

Edit: Also just noticed they have 100 Bluna FaceFit KF-94 (mix and match adult and kid) for $100 with code BLUNA50. These are what I have been wearing so I think I'll be ordering this so I can just throw them away each day I've used one.
    Thank you! I just ordered the Bluna 100 mix and match. I got 20 for DS2 who is staying home and the rest for DH, DS1,and myself to use. DS likes the black ones so I got those so he has plenty for school.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I posted on Dear Pandemic's facebook page and asked if KF95s can be reused if left for several days. This was their response

You can re-use KF94s if letting sit for a week-- jthe virus can't survive outside the body for long. Just use a breathable paper bag or open container rather than a plastic bag to not encourage growth of other microbes

I am interested in knowing what those of you who had your kids in full day school with masks suggest as far as masks for one day. Did you think its good to send a second mask for after lunch, some kind of bag to keep the mask in or what? I remember there was a little discussion about this, but my kids were home and interested to know what people think now.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I posted on Dear Pandemic's facebook page and asked if KF95s can be reused if left for several days. This was their response

You can re-use KF94s if letting sit for a week-- jthe virus can't survive outside the body for long. Just use a breathable paper bag or open container rather than a plastic bag to not encourage growth of other microbes

I am interested in knowing what those of you who had your kids in full day school with masks suggest as far as masks for one day. Did you think its good to send a second mask for after lunch, some kind of bag to keep the mask in or what? I remember there was a little discussion about this, but my kids were home and interested to know what people think now.
    We packed an extra mask every day. Most days they used the same mask all day but there were a few days where the extra mask came in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast