Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post

I totally am thinking of the hand-down factor of choosing a practical, safe small car. DD will be driving in less than 4 years. Totally not ready for it, but having something a few years old that she can drive seems worth planning for. And DH can get a different car then depending on how his needs change.

We thought we would hand my car (2008 CRV) down to DS and I would get a new car. Now that DS has his license and with LA traffic getting crazy again, we want him to drive a car that has newer safety features like the sensor for braking if you’re not braking in time and the blind spot monitoring. My car doesn’t have any of these features, it’s only safety feature is that it is old and slow.

DH’s car has these features, but it’s a fast car that’s a stick and DS will never drive it unless we’re there to supervise. Super fun to drive, but not safe for an inexperienced driver. So now we’re looking at newer cars that are smaller than what I would get if it was to be my car, but has the safety features we feel an inexperienced driver needs more than an experienced driver.

Just thought I’d mention that there may be safety features in 4 years you want for your child. Or if you do plan to hand it down, get the trim level that has the extra safety features now.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains