citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Recommend comfy bralettes for a kid who doesn't want to wear bras

Older DD wanted a bra in 4th grade before she had any reason to wear them. Younger DD is the opposite - about to head to middle school at 11.5 and should wear *something* under her tshirts and tanks but refuses the bras I've offered. (Granted, they were saved from her sister at the same age, but they're good quality and comfy - Hanna, Athleta and ON sports bras, Justice, etc). I just ordered her some HA camis in case all fails, but maybe there are new, super comfy bralettes or camis that y'all can recommend? No bows or lace or adjusters, soft and minimalist is the way to go with this kid. I would appreciate any suggestions - thank you!

for Sandy Hook

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't have any daughters, but I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of bralettes at Target. The ones I bought are True&Co and fit your description /requirements. They are also quite affordable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Those look like the cropped camis I wore in 5th grade under my uniform blouse (which was powder blue poplin, so it was Extremely Noticeable if you went without something) ... I may have to check those out for DD, who's started to ask about bras.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Those look like the cropped camis I wore in 5th grade under my uniform blouse (which was powder blue poplin, so it was Extremely Noticeable if you went without something) ... I may have to check those out for DD, who's started to ask about bras.
    DD eats them every day and states that they are very comfy.

The price is right too.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD wears these https://www.target.com/p/girls-raceb...76#lnk=sametab and these https://www.target.com/p/girls-seaml...65#lnk=sametab. No way she would wear them if they weren't comfortable, lol.
    K

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

my 10.5 year old DD sounds like your older DD. she's been wearing bralettes for like 6 mos already and she started 5th grade. She has nothing yet but she is getting breastbuds and it is sensitive and she feels more comfortable with a bralette. She even wears one to sleep! i think she just doesn't like the sensation of clothing , sheets etc rubbing across her chest at this point..probably a sensitive area.

My DD is picky and loves the Hanna Andersson bralettes and says they are comfy. She just got a few from Athleta Girl and she likes those as well.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Recommend comfy bralettes for a kid who doesn't want to wear bras

Dd2 (11) is wearing a mix of Hanna Andersson, Hanes, and Cat and Jack bralettes. She also has camos from Hanna Andersson and Justice. The Hanna bras are no longer on the website but maybe the outlets have some. Some of them were DD1’s. I give her another two to three months before she really needs a bra with more support. I am sure we will start at Aerie for her. I didn’t need a bra with any type of support until I was at least 15 and didn’t need an underwire until I was 18 (and bought one because I wanted it) so this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)