Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default As if I wasn't already stressed enough about back to school shopping

Husband just nuked all of DDs delicate line dry clothes in the dryer including what appears to be all of her bras except the one she's wearing right now.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    Husband just nuked all of DDs delicate line dry clothes in the dryer including what appears to be all of her bras except the one she's wearing right now.
    Oh no!

Hopefully they aren't all ruined!
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ugh I hate when that happens! Hopefully things survived unshrunken. I've accidentally run my Soma undies through the drier (I seem to always miss pulling one out of the wash) and the vanishing edge ones do shrink.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Ugh I hate when that happens! Hopefully things survived unshrunken. I've accidentally run my Soma undies through the drier (I seem to always miss pulling one out of the wash) and the vanishing edge ones do shrink.
    I dry everything except towels on low. My Soma VE have held up for years.

OP- hopefully things are in better shape than originally feared!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry! (Also, if you think you could use a bit of a giggle, your post reminded me of this scene from 2001's Hedwig and the Angry Inch movie. It runs through my head every time I have to pull delicates out of a heap transferring from the washer to the dryer.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've accidentally run my Soma undies through the drier (I seem to always miss pulling one out of the wash) and the vanishing edge ones do shrink.
    We're not supposed to dry our Soma undies? I dry all my stuff on high heat! Basically if it can't survive, it doesn't belong in my house!

The only thing I hang dry are my bras, but I've forgotten to pull those out before and they've always been fine. Just this year my 65 year old mom said "you're not supposed to dry your bras?" so apparently she's been throwing hers in the dryer all these years with little consequence!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I hate when this happens at our house. I hope more of your DD's clothes come out unscathed than not. I'm usually surprised how many of mine have been okay after a toss through the dryer.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have dried my soma vanishing edge undies in the dryer from day one and never had a problem. I dry everything on low heat.

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    We're not supposed to dry our Soma undies? I dry all my stuff on high heat! Basically if it can't survive, it doesn't belong in my house!

The only thing I hang dry are my bras, but I've forgotten to pull those out before and they've always been fine. Just this year my 65 year old mom said "you're not supposed to dry your bras?" so apparently she's been throwing hers in the dryer all these years with little consequence!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Same here. Why in the world would anyone make underwear that can’t be dried in the dryer????
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Huh. I find the vanishing edge hipsters shrink if dried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast