ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Old Navy Kids masks

Good Morning All,
    Has anyone been able to find the original pleated kids masks at their ON?

All I can find is some newer character masks at all of my local stores. I tried to order them online and my order was canceled as they are out of stock, but you can still order them online, so I don't know what that's about.

I'm just struggling because they are literally the only mask that fits my 9 year old well and that she says is comfortable. I bought 2 packs at the beginning of the pandemic, but with daily wear and washing they need to be replaced and I am beginning to panic.

If someone has any luck I would gladly reimburse the cost and shipping.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have looked (but for adult masks) at 3 Old Navy’s and no one has them. They put them on clearance and stopped making them a couple months ago when we all thought masks would soon be a thing of the past. Maybe try the Athleta kids? They are also pleated.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Poshmark has them, maybe try there if you can't find any? I'm sure prices aren't as good as what ON was selling them for but it may be worth it since you know they fit your DD well and that she will wear them properly.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Old-Nav...895fa32ad167fd

The Athleta masks are definitely worth trying as well - they have a pleated style for kids. I have the adult ones and they're quite well-made. They're thin...with an outside synthetic material and then 2 thin layers of cotton so they're probably comparable to ON's 3 layers of thin cotton. I did notice that Athleta bumped the price back up (previously they were being sold for crazy good clearance prices). The Athleta masks are very comfortable.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 08-21-2021 at 04:12 PM.

The old navy pleated masks with the adjustable ear straps are both of my kids favorites too. I successfully ordered a couple of packs about a month ago, hopefully they are just popular at back to school time and will be back in stock soon?

I think Gap has some that look really similar. I ordered a pack of the non pleated kind from Athleta Girl and while they are super comfortable, the 2 inner layers are mesh so they don’t look like the would actually be very protective without a filter. I will just be wearing them for outside use and other low risk activities. I haven’t tried their pleated ones. Does anyone know if they have the plastic nose “wires” like the adult sized pleated ones? I got one as a gift with purchase and threw it away after one use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    The old navy pleated masks with the adjustable ear straps are both of my kids favorites too. I successfully ordered a couple of packs about a month ago, hopefully they are just popular at back to school time and will be back in stock soon?

I think Gap has some that look really similar. I ordered a pack of the non pleated kind from Athleta Girl and while they are super comfortable, the 2 inner layers are mesh so they don’t look like the would actually be very protective without a filter. I will just be wearing them for outside use and other low risk activities. I haven’t tried their pleated ones. Does anyone know if they have the plastic nose “wires” like the adult sized pleated ones? I got one as a gift with purchase and threw it away after one use.

Based on the description, the Athleta girl (kids) pleated masks do NOT have a nose wire at all. And I agree with you on that stupid plastic nose wire on the adult mask but if you're willing to work on it, that plastic "wire" can be worked out from between the stitches at the top of the mask, and then wear it like a regular non-wire mask (set your glasses on top of the top edge). Or if you're willing to do more work, you can thread a different nose wire in...couple of ways to do that.

The non-pleated Athleta ones I believe were designed to be worn with a filter. Those just don't get good reviews so I've never tried them - have always found pleated styles to be much more flexible in fitting a range of sizes properly.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Based on the description, the Athleta girl (kids) pleated masks do NOT have a nose wire at all. And I agree with you on that stupid plastic nose wire on the adult mask but if you're willing to work on it, that plastic "wire" can be worked out from between the stitches at the top of the mask, and then wear it like a regular non-wire mask (set your glasses on top of the top edge). Or if you're willing to do more work, you can thread a different nose wire in...couple of ways to do that.

The non-pleated Athleta ones I believe were designed to be worn with a filter. Those just don't get good reviews so I've never tried them - have always found pleated styles to be much more flexible in fitting a range of sizes properly.
    I think you are right that the non pleated ones are designed to be worn with a filter. I only tried them because a friend recommended them as a good fit for people like me who are kind of in between kids and adult sized masks. I will probably wear them for things like walking from my private office to the bathroom no one else is ever in at work, or for watching outdoor soccer games (kids are required to wear masks while playing, and I always wear one when my kids do).

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Bumping this: I just saw that Old Navy has restocked kids and adult pleated masks in limited colors. They probably have a lot of requests with everything that’s been going on.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Bumping this: I just saw that Old Navy has restocked kids and adult pleated masks in limited colors. They probably have a lot of requests with everything that’s been going on.
    Yes, I was so happy to see this!! They didn’t have any colors DD would wear, but I bought a pack of all blue ones for DS.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you so much!

I just ordered a pack for DD.
    Hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled....
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012