gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I just can’t believe people…

First- at back to school information night last night, NOT ONE WORD was mentioned about COVID19 protection efforts. No recognizing that our teachers have families with young kids, not any recognition that local case rates are increasing, nothing. Dh and I decided we will be be putting more air purifiers in the classrooms than I expected not only to protect our kids but their upper school teachers. I got to know our teachers well last year through virtual learning and they are phenomenal. Air purifiers in their rooms are the least I can do to protect them and my kids.

Second- a mom who I started to invite to our weekly pool parties hasn’t come all summer which is fine- she’s busy with little kids. She has dropped off her oldest boy each week to hang out with my DS2. Also fine and good. Yesterday a different mom walked up to me to tell me the first mom invited her son to come over too and Hope’s that would be ok. I said sure, no problem. But WTF? I feed these kids lunch, snacks, drinks and prep our pool for the kids each week. And the first mom just invites other families over? No word to me- not a text or call confirming. So I texted her yesterday asking hey did she get the updated email about different times and notice about potential thunderstorms? Also, were some other kids coming because I’d like to make sure I have enough food. Finally a text back- oh, yeah, I told Joe you probably wouldn’t mind if he came too so then his mom can pick up my kid and theirs and take them to soccer. Thanks for getting the kids together this summer!

Today, I’m over this community of crazy inconsiderates. I’m done.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 08-27-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ugh to number 1. That's just...so incredible. It kind of tells you where the administration's head is on that issue. I'm so glad you are doing what you can to keep everyone safe!

And to number 2. That's just so incredibly rude! Who invites someone over to someone else's house without even asking about it?? It makes me super mad that it appears to be motivated by the first mom getting to take advantage of the soccer carpool. She not only didn't ask but also didn't even mention it? That's pretty gutsy!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Ugh to number 1. That's just...so incredible. It kind of tells you where the administration's head is on that issue. I'm so glad you are doing what you can to keep everyone safe!

And to number 2. That's just so incredibly rude! Who invites someone over to someone else's house without even asking about it?? It makes me super mad that it appears to be motivated by the first mom getting to take advantage of the soccer carpool. She not only didn't ask but also didn't even mention it? That's pretty gutsy!
    My thoughts exactly!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The school thing -- yup, that's how it was at my kids' school a month ago. Aaaaaaand.......now the case counts are INSANE in the schools. So now they're trying to put all these protective measures in while also drowning in cases -- um, too late now yall. If you would have STARTED with those protections.....*sigh*. It makes me so frustrated to hear about other schools embarking on the same exact path now, a month later, when there's plenty of districts out there to use as case studies to show that ignoring this right now won't end well...

The pool thing -- I would be totally shocked and super pissed! I can't believe the mom had the gall to invite someone, period....and without even asking you first! Your response was gracious and I'm sure the kids appreciate the fun together.....but 100% that is so rude.
    Lizi

I just posted a thread about people going about their lives and Covid just seems to not be a thing anymore. The hospitals are blowing up around here, clusters of cases in the year-round schools and so many people living like it's 2019. I'm sure there are students and teachers that will be very appreciative of your contributions to their safety.

That's very gutsy to invite another kid to your house. One of those things that goes in the category of rude but I'd probably let it be as well. You've always come across the computer screen as kind and generous and some people don't know where to draw the line, especially if they stand to benefit from your hospitality (and others with a ride for her kid to practice.) It's inconsiderate.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    First- at back to school information night last night, NOT ONE WORD was mentioned about COVID19 protection efforts. No recognizing that our teachers have families with young kids, not any recognition that local case rates are increasing, nothing. Dh and I decided we will be be putting more air purifiers in the classrooms than I expected not only to protect our kids but their upper school teachers. I got to know our teachers well last year through virtual learning and they are phenomenal. Air purifiers in their rooms are the least I can do to protect them and my kids.

Second- a mom who I started to invite to our weekly pool parties hasn’t come all summer which is fine- she’s busy with little kids. She has dropped off her oldest boy each week to hang out with my DS2. Also fine and good. Yesterday a different mom walked up to me to tell me the first mom invited her son to come over too and Hope’s that would be ok. I said sure, no problem. But WTF? I feed these kids lunch, snacks, drinks and prep our pool for the kids each week. And the first mom just invites other families over? No word to me- not a text or call confirming. So I texted her yesterday asking hey did she get the updated email about different times and notice about potential thunderstorms? Also, were some other kids coming because I’d like to make sure I have enough food. Finally a text back- oh, yeah, I told Joe you probably wouldn’t mind if he came too so then his mom can pick up my kid and theirs and take them to soccer. Thanks for getting the kids together this summer!

Today, I’m over this community of crazy inconsiderates. I’m done.
    The school mask thing just boggles my mind... In our very small private school, no one talks about, no one questions it; the kids and staff show up every day with masks. It does not seem to be an issue. They have done away with temp checks at the door and one way hallways, but masks are now a given. This is not that big of an issue, or shouldn't be given that the world is where it is today with covid!

As for the invite to your house... Yikes, that is gutsy from both moms. However, at least the second parent asked before just sending her son over. But, sheesh,...

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you for being considerate of your children's teachers! A day after my class list was posted, I had a mom reach out to me saying that she was going to contact all the parents in my class to pool donations to buy an air purifier for my room, and wanted to make sure I was okay with that. I hadn't even thought about an air purifier as I was already spending so much on my classroom. I literally cried. It was such a thoughtful gesture, and I am sure your children's teachers will appreciate it. They ended up getting more than enough, so she went to Costco and bought enough cleaning wipes to last me all year.

As for #2, what on earth?!?!? I would never invite another child to go along to someone else's house without asking. That is just rude and inconsiderate!!

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You are a much nicer person than I am. I would have said something to that mom about her inviting another boy to your pool. But then
    I have a problem with keeping my mouth shut. lol
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie