Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I just can’t believe people…

First- at back to school information night last night, NOT ONE WORD was mentioned about COVID19 protection efforts. No recognizing that our teachers have families with young kids, not any recognition that local case rates are increasing, nothing. Dh and I decided we will be be putting more air purifiers in the classrooms than I expected not only to protect our kids but their upper school teachers. I got to know our teachers well last year through virtual learning and they are phenomenal. Air purifiers in their rooms are the least I can do to protect them and my kids.

Second- a mom who I started to invite to our weekly pool parties hasn’t come all summer which is fine- she’s busy with little kids. She has dropped off her oldest boy each week to hang out with my DS2. Also fine and good. Yesterday a different mom walked up to me to tell me the first mom invited her son to come over too and Hope’s that would be ok. I said sure, no problem. But WTF? I feed these kids lunch, snacks, drinks and prep our pool for the kids each week. And the first mom just invites other families over? No word to me- not a text or call confirming. So I texted her yesterday asking hey did she get the updated email about different times and notice about potential thunderstorms? Also, were some other kids coming because I’d like to make sure I have enough food. Finally a text back- oh, yeah, I told Joe you probably wouldn’t mind if he came too so then his mom can pick up my kid and theirs and take them to soccer. Thanks for getting the kids together this summer!

Today, I’m over this community of crazy inconsiderates. I’m done.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 08-27-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.