Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dr Jen Gunter released two Vajenda newsletters about the latest study collecting data on the impact of the vaccines on folks' menstrual cycle; you can find the first one here:

https://vajenda.substack.com/p/new-s...mpact-of-covid

A basic subscription is free.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Dr Jen Gunter released two Vajenda newsletters about the latest study collecting data on the impact of the vaccines on folks' menstrual cycle; you can find the first one here:

https://vajenda.substack.com/p/new-s...mpact-of-covid

A basic subscription is free.
    Interesting that the biggest effect was seen in those who received both doses of vaccine in the same menstrual cycle. I had no changes at all, but had my doses in 2 different cycles. Unfortunately, this study didn’t provide data on the amount of blood flow, changes in pain, or spotting which many women also say was effected. More studies are needed. My friend who's period and 15 year old DD's period got heavier after vaccination refuses to get her 9 year old DD vaccinated for worries it will make her start her period early. She also swears that the vaccine made her breasts bigger (NOT swollen lymph nodes) and says she's read similar accounts online from other women who received the Pfizer vaccine.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 01-13-2022 at 01:10 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well, I didn't have to wait long for an answer. It arrived a week early. Super annoying.

Annnnd I clearly talked (or wrote) it into existence.

Or at least I think I did. Still really, really light, but I guess it counts. 45 days later. lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    My best friend says her and her 15 year old DD's period have gotten super heavy since the vaccine and when she got the booster last Thursday her period started the next day, a week early.

But I've also read accounts from women who actually had Covid and say it messed up their periods. I was reading about long covid today and one of the symptoms listed was changes in menstrual cycles.

So my friend's 15 year old DD ended up getting Covid last week. She tested positive on Tuesday and her period started the next day, which was a week early.

So looks like both the vaccine and natural infection can mess up your periods!

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had Covid last week and my period showed up heavier than normal on Sunday, a week and a half earlier than it should have. But, I also have a Mirena which makes my cycle unpredictable and sometimes I have no period, other times just spotting, so it’s hard to say if it’s Covid or the Mirena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Covid vaccine and your cycle

I had a 28 day cycle after getting my booster (mid cycle) in December. My period fluctuates between 21-28 days right now so I think it is pretty normal although most months I get it right about day 24 so really day 28 is on the long (but still normal) side for me. I had my period when I got my first shot, and when I got my second shot. Like I said upthread about once every four to six months I have a 21 day cycle and it just happened to be when I got my first and second Covid vaccines in mid March, and early April.

Dd1 might have been on her period or got it within a day or two of getting her booster two weeks ago today. I can’t remember, but like I said upthread her period was more delayed when she got her first two vaccines in May, and June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5