Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big shirt

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 7th grader wears that size!!!! What were they thinking?

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Big shirt

We always had that problem with soccer uniforms. I cut off the bottom and hemmed the jersey for several years. The shorts had a drawstring and were pulled all the way in and looked like skirts. The socks were huge with the heel way up his shin. I cut the feet off the sock and had DS wear a soccer sock that fit and then put the uniform sock on over his shin guards. Everyone seems to have this problem with soccer uniforms

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Years ago I ended up having a DS's huge soccer jersey tailored to his actual size because it was just too much fabric but they use the same jerseys for at least a full year. Now we are dealing with all the crazy backorders and both of my boys are waiting on jerseys we ordered back in July. I gave up scrambling to find loaners and go through lots of tape. Soccer uniforms seem to be a pain no matter what!

You could try a hairband on the bottom or maybe hem the bottom to get rid of some excess.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

That’s ridiculous. That size is still a little too big for my 5-foot-tall 86-pound sixth-grader.

Honestly, I would just take it to a seamstress or maybe even a dry cleaner who does alterations. It might cost you 20 bucks but it will be done.

I would also talk to the organization. The person ordering the shirts very well could be some 25-year-old guy who has no idea what he’s doing. If shirts have to be ordered every season, there’s no reason they can’t be ordered in a variety of sizes. Our Y seems to be able to do this without a lot of drama. I mean, what are they ordering for kids who are older than your daughter? Adult size?

I can understand school issued uniforms being a little wonky because those have to be used over a few years.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2