Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
Sometimes I think people just say things to talk without stopping to think. After having 2 boys (and losing 2 boys during pregnancy), I thought for sure DD would be a boy. We were hoping for a baby. It was hurtful to say the least when strangers and friends assumed I was going for a girl. Lots of "I'm sure you are hoping it's a girl" and then "Aren't you so glad to be getting your girl?" They would even say it in front of the boys. In some ways, my kids follow traditional gender stereotypes but in others they do not. DD is loud and physical, DS1 is calm, responsible, and a dream student, and DS2 is very sensitive. It's hard even for me to break out of my conditioned gender thoughts but I'm trying.
I’m sorry for your losses.

I had a friend a long while back that felt all sorry for me when I had ds2. Kept saying how perfect her family was because she had one of each and I should keep trying for a girl. I love being a boy mom! She annoyed me so much. It never bothered me to have 2 boys but she kept making it a “thing”.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains