Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    My frozen broccoli always ends up so sad. Do you have a trick to making it well?
    Not really. I microwave it;. LOL! For whatever reasons that kids think it tastes great that way. I don't, but it but eat it more for the health benefits and I'm fine with it.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My frozen broccoli always ends up so sad. Do you have a trick to making it well?
    Straight from the freezer and into a 400 or 425 degree oven with a bit of oil, salt and red pepper flakes. Done 12-15 minutes later and delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Straight from the freezer and into a 400 or 425 degree oven with a bit of oil, salt and red pepper flakes. Done 12-15 minutes later and delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Thank you!!

Grilled chicken with lime garlic seasoning from TJ's
    Chicken-broccoli alfredo with pasta/zoodles
    Steak with salad and veggies
    Tacos with salad and jicama wraps
    Meat sauce and pasta/zoodles
    Chili with salad/veggies on the side
    Grilled salmon with pesto or pesca verde seasoning
    DD '06
    DD '14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Stir halfway through if you're getting non-microwaveable packages.

I dump a full package into a Pyrex bowl, add a little water (2oz or less), cover with Press-N-Seal, and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Take out, stir, stick back in for 3 minutes, then pull it back out. Package instructions tend to tell you to let it sit for carryover cooking, but if you do that, it gets mushy.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just buy the fresh broccoli florets from Costco every week. I think it's 3 lbs? I pour them out of the bag onto 2 cookie sheets. A bit of olive oil, and a bit of salt and pepper and roast at 425 until done. Then I take the leftovers and eat throughout the week. I love having cooked veg in my fridge - makes me so much more likely to eat it on a weeknight when I'm tired.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use a steamer basket for fresh or frozen broccoli. Less time for frozen.

I tend to follow what we eat seasonally; ie dummer less oven time and use grill or/and IP lots!

Chicken thighs, grilled corn with tomato salad,

Tacos Tuesday (vary it every week with Turkey, cod and salmon) dh and I eat taco bowl with lettuce while boys have tortillas.

Pasta version one night. Usually wed cuz it’s also my mostly meetings free with work so have bit more time to rustle between breaks. Meatballs/spag, chicken in pesto over pasta, etc

Clean out your fridge nights; quiches, breakfast for dinner, soups/salads.

Friday: homemade naan pizza

Saturdays is usually takeout or eat out outdoors. Sundays I tend to make big meal and do roast chicken, homemade chilli simmering on stove or IP, different homemade soups with garlic bread and salads, homeamade meatballs (I make extra and freeze them) for meatball parm sandwich, or seafood risotto with ice cream afterwards.

For fall/winters I do lots of soups, heavier seafood meals cuz so quick and filling like seafood copicca, sheet Pan dinners, salmon in poke bowls with rice, lasagna, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Stir halfway through if you're getting non-microwaveable packages.

I dump a full package into a Pyrex bowl, add a little water (2oz or less), cover with Press-N-Seal, and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Take out, stir, stick back in for 3 minutes, then pull it back out. Package instructions tend to tell you to let it sit for carryover cooking, but if you do that, it gets mushy.
    Thank you! Mine is always so mushy I don’t even want to eat it!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the added trick of someone being in dance class nightly Monday through Thursday, with three of those nights starting between 5 & 5:30, so "ready when I get home" is important.

As such, crock pot meals are big. Soups (chicken or beef vegetable, taco, chicken stew) are my main go to, although I'll also do stew beef at times. Since DH is home during the day now, I've been able to add a couple of recipes that don't do well being left all day into the rotation, so crock pot lasagna & mac & cheese are possible.

Tacos, tortellini, and the frozen skillet meals all are quick enough for me to get them done on the 5:30 start nights.

Sheet pan meals are becoming a staple too for the nights I'm home a bit later.

And... frozen pizza, hot dogs, etc, for nights I just can't.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast