Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Update!!! We’re all negative!

COVID cluster results.

17 total people. 12 vaxxed, 5 unvaxxed (1 teen and kids).

12 negative cases, 5 positive cases. Correlates exactly with vaccine status.

Only kids that didn’t get it were my littles—because we stayed home.
    What a relief to hear everyone is negative! And so lucky that your littles stayed home for this one. Proof positive that my unvaccinated DC needs to stay home just a bit longer. I Hope all who were positive are on the road to recovery quickly.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So happy for you!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh wow, what an update! Glad you're entire family is negative and hope everyone else has only mild symptoms.

I have a mom friend who just announced that their entire family (5) just got over Covid. Both parents are vaccinated, but the 3 kids were not (ages 8, 12, and 13). She had said that only her 13 year old had expressed interest in getting vaccinated and planned to do so Labor Day weekend. Both older kids were eligible since May so I don't understand why she was waiting, especially with the return to in person school. Oh well, too late as they all got Covid before Labor Day.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I know you've been so, so careful, and I'm so relieved for you! Hoping all the kids recover quickly w/out issues!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Update!!! We’re all negative!

COVID cluster results.

17 total people. 12 vaxxed, 5 unvaxxed (1 teen and kids).

12 negative cases, 5 positive cases. Correlates exactly with vaccine status.

Only kids that didn’t get it were my littles—because we stayed home.
    Yay! Good for you for staying home and only sending vaccinated people. Just curious (because I like statistics), how many families does the 5 unvaxxed cover?

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m glad all is well, and thank you for sharing your story in your circle, too. Maybe you will sway someone.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! It is funny but I see this thread and I get super tense and anxious. Man, those were some tough 40ish hours while we were awaiting results!

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Bisous, how are the kids doing who tested positive? I hope they are doing well. We’ve had a couple kids test positive in the last week at my school site, and it was very mild for both of them. Wishing the same for your relatives!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Bisous, how are the kids doing who tested positive? I hope they are doing well. We’ve had a couple kids test positive in the last week at my school site, and it was very mild for both of them. Wishing the same for your relatives!
    So far pretty mild! The teen originally diagnosed has the most "severe" case. She has a fever and is very tired. The younger kids all have VERY mild cases (like asymptomatic!).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3