Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

duplicate

Weather on the coast is def tricky for these sorts of events. We've performed at a lot of these types of events and unless it's a very rustic location I'm guessing tthere will probably be plenty of heaters. My sense is that the coldest part of the evening is often sundown when the fog rolls in and there's some wind but then often the wind stops once it's dark and it doesn't really get any colder until the end of the night if that makes sense. Unfortunately sundown also usually coincides with the time your least likely to have heaters if your walking around a property/admiring a view during cocktail hour. But it's impossible to say. Up here on the central coast, October is often the sunniest/warmest month, nicer than the summertime. Go figure.

I have a million shrugs since I have to perform but look nice but they don't seem in right now, but this is a nice style shawl where you maybe it stays put: https://www.macys.com/shop/product/a...CategoryID=260
    If you are worried about covering your legs, you could look for a midi dress, which might not appear quite a formal as a full length formal. The other option is jumpsuit, they are still out there this season, i was just looking at some yesterday. I'm keeping an eye on this one in case it comes back into my size: https://www.macys.com/shop/product/a...CategoryID=157 . It's not petite but I've been ok purchasing non petite jumpsuits.

One thing I noticed is that stock seems to be limited and moving fast, so rent the runway might be a good option, or enlisting a personal shopper. A petite version of a dress I tried on in regular and was too big popped up at Nordstrom over the weekend and was almost immediately sold out. I used trunk club 2 weeks ago to try and get a dress and while it didn't work out it was fun to have a stylist send me 2 dresses, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 clutches, etc.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

double post gremlins strike again!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure what happened with the link yesterday. Let's try this one!

https://www.eshakti.com/shop/Dresses...ress-CL0077018

Matching mask, you can get it sized for you, and you can determine the length, etc.

Hmm That doesn't seem to work either. Breaking the url it's https://www.eshakti . com/shop/Dresses/Floral-embroidery-dupioni-maxi-dress-CL0077018 without the spaces around . and com
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Not sure what happened with the link yesterday. Let's try this one!

https://www.eshakti.com/shop/Dresses...ress-CL0077018

Matching mask, you can get it sized for you, and you can determine the length, etc.

Hmm That doesn't seem to work either. Breaking the url it's https://www.eshakti . com/shop/Dresses/Floral-embroidery-dupioni-maxi-dress-CL0077018 without the spaces around . and com
    Just out of curiosity, because I see so many pretty clothes on that website, have you used it before? What is the quality of the sewing work done through that website? Do they seem to get the measurements correct?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't used it before but I have several friends who sing their praises, including one who is partially in a wheelchair which can be a bit "rough" on her clothes from her description. I keep being tempted by certain dresses but just haven't taken the plunge.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks so much for the great ideas! I found out the reception goes until 10:30, so I'm sure there will be heaters and guessing some kind of cover. I don't know what I was envisioning lol but this is all new for me as I have never even attended an outdoor wedding!
    I found a woolen shawl that I can take, jic, but I won't worry as much about the outfit itself.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

i mistakenly browsed for you on my main page so I get ads for lots of the dresses I mentioned in this thread. I am looking for a follow up! What did you pick??

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

[QUOTE=SnuggleBuggles;4406682]i mistakenly browsed for you on my main page so I get ads for lots of the dresses I mentioned in this thread. I am looking for a follow up! What did you pick??[/QUOTE

once I realized there were going to be heaters, I just decided to use something I already had with a woolen shawl lol
    But it’s still good to have ideas because it’s going to be a long winter, even here in California, if I’m going to be avoiding indoor situations as much as possible.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2