I'll be fine in a day or two when I've processed it all, but right now I'm just so upset. 9 year ago when I went to the dentist for my check up they found a ton of cavities, like 12 or something. Mind you, I go every 6 months for checkups. Don't drink anything but water and don't eat a ton of sugar. At the time I was nursing DS2 and he was allergic to dairy and eggs, so my diet was limited. The dentist chalked it up to hormones, nursing, my diet, and reflux. I was so upset then, and got a second opinion. They agreed with the dentist. Not all had to be filled at that time (maybe 2 or 3 needed filled) so it's just been a wait and see game. I've had an occasional one filled along the way. Well, today I went in and the remaining 7 now have gone deep enough that they need filled before they get too deep. Ugh. I'm just so mad. I cried when they told me. The hygienist was very kind and told me that I should be proud I held them off this long, but still. I feel like such a failure. I never had any cavities until I turned 25, and in the last 15 years it seems like my teeth have gone to hell. I was recently told I've started perimenopause so I'm wondering if that in some way affected them enough to push them over the edge to needing filled. Not the end of the world, but I just need to vent.