Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Do all of your gallery wall frames match in color, style, and size?

I don’t want to reframe all of my family photos, but we have a few that are professionally framed (wedding) and I want to include them but the rest of my frames are currently in white. I also have a feeling white frames would look better in the space, but the professional frames photos are all in black. I could go with black as those as the same color but tbh they are never going to match 100%. So would it look awful if I did a miss match of frames? None of the frames are the same size either. One is 18x24, another is 11x14, another is a 3-3x5 frame and the rest (about 6) are 8x10. We had limited wall space in our old house and have slightly more space in this house but not a ton so I really want these photos to look nice.

This photo below is the wall in question. It is now about a shade lighter in tone, and fwiw the wall in the adjacent room is no longer bright turquoise, but a light blue grey. I am not home now but I can take a different photo later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-14-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have a gallery of photos in our hallway and all the frames are the same color, but not the same size.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have one gallery wall with same color frames but not same size. We have another gallery wall that is all same size and color.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I much prefer a mixed look. None of my frames are the same! I throw in different shapes too (oval, circle) and textures.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So many options! I like both looks. Actually I LOVE a good gridded out wall arrangement but haven't pulled it off in my own home yet. I also like variety. I guess it depends on what you are going for and what you like in your space.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Go on Pinterest and do a search, “gallery wall with black and white frames,” to give you a visual of how it will look. There were quite a few examples.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Our designer did a wall of photos of different sizes and different colors. She pretty much stuck with all dark, neutral colors but they are all different. I think it looks good. If I can figure out how to post a photo of that wall, I will.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We frame almost all of our art in black frames but the size and style vary. Our artwork is pretty colorful and eclectic so having the same color frames kind of helps tie it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not really. Our designer did ours and there are some canvases and some frames. All different sizes and different colors even.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mine are a mix of black and wood, both with white mats. Some of the black frames are old (one is our professionally framed wedding photo) and I bought some new black gallery frames from Target to mix in. The new frames have that really thin border: https://www.target.com/p/14-34-x-18-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds. but the old frames are thicker. I think it looks intentionally mixed.

Having the same color mat makes it work too. I had tried using some older wood frames that had an off-white mat that just didn't look right. I couldn't get replacement white mats the same size so I bought new and it worked.

Too dark to take a picture right now but I will see if I can add one tomorrow.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast