Yesterday my 12 yr old woke up with a 102 fever. Of course my first thought goes to covid. The ONLY place he has gone is to school, as we are extremely cautious due to my younger son's health issues. He had his second dose of the vaccine about 10 days ago, so technically not fully vaxed. Is there any chance his fever could be a result of of a delayed reaction?? I think it is too late for that, but several of my co-workers have mentioned it as a possibility. I googled myocarditis, and his symptoms don't match that. He really has no other symptoms other than being tired and having a headache (which make sense with a fever). No congestion or anything else. The at home binax test was negative, and we all went for PCR testing this morning. He and my younger son are home until we get results back. My husband and I are allowed to go to work since we are vaccinated. However, I do not feel comfortable being in a room of 24 unvaccinated 6 yr olds, so my principal supported my decision in staying home until we know for sure.