Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Agree with the others that a fever at this point in time is unlikely to be related to the vaccine, and more likely related to him picking up a bug. The negative rapid test is reassuring but you'll need to wait for PCR to confirm (so you did all the right things). I'd assume he potentially has covid until you get the PCR back, but it is more likely he picked up some other virus (just based on the negative rapid test + timeline of 2nd shot which puts him at essentially fully vaccinated). Poor kid, hope he feels better soon!!

I'm guessing it's a virus of some sort and not the vaccine. We've been in this same position, testing because a kid was symptomatic so I know it's stressful. So far, it's been negative and likely some other virus going around so it's definitely a strong possibility. Given the negative Binax test I'd say your chances of it being something other than Covid are high.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    There is a wicked cold or flu going around. Has he had a loss of taste and increased headaches without sinus pressure or runny nose? Maybe I am naive but I am thinking if and when I get sick this season the taste thing will be what I really look at for whether or not I truly have COVID symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what we thought too this past Sunday night. For 4 days, DS3 had been sneezing and a sore throat. But his and my allergies are terrible right now so I didn't give it too much thought. Until Sunday. DH, Dd, DS3 and I were on our way to church after canoeing and camping all weekend. We were exhausted and starving and got Taco Bell for DS3 on the way home. He tried the blue frozen drink and said, "this doesn't taste like anything. Does anyone else think this tastes bland?" So I tasted it and thought it was fine. He then said the same thing about his taco sandwich. DH and I took a look at each other and said, "guess we aren't going to church tonight!" We drove to the nearest Urgent care and had DS3 tested for Strep and Covid. We kept DS3 home from school the next day. That afternoon the tests came back negative. DS3 said his taste is still off but it must be his allergies.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    That's what we thought too this past Sunday night. For 4 days, DS3 had been sneezing and a sore throat. But his and my allergies are terrible right now so I didn't give it too much thought. Until Sunday. DH, Dd, DS3 and I were on our way to church after canoeing and camping all weekend. We were exhausted and starving and got Taco Bell for DS3 on the way home. He tried the blue frozen drink and said, "this doesn't taste like anything. Does anyone else think this tastes bland?" So I tasted it and thought it was fine. He then said the same thing about his taco sandwich. DH and I took a look at each other and said, "guess we aren't going to church tonight!" We drove to the nearest Urgent care and had DS3 tested for Strep and Covid. We kept DS3 home from school the next day. That afternoon the tests came back negative. DS3 said his taste is still off but it must be his allergies.
    We had a similar experience with allergies. Last week DS suddenly said "I can't taste my supper." He's been having what I thought was an allergy attack. Sneezing, stuffy, itchy eyes, etc. It's his normal time of year for a flare. However, as soon as he said that we ran and got him tested. I didn't want to risk putting him on a bus to a cross country meet if he was positive, which he thankfully wasn't.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We all tested negative!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    We all tested negative!
    Yay!! Such a relief!! So happy for all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We all tested negative!
    I know (sadly from experience!) that that’s the best feeling! So glad for you guys!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We all tested negative!
    Yay! Great news!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yay! Great news!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Sweet relief! Good news!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast