Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Me - 0
    DH - 1 PCR last fall when he was in bed for three days with something, no fever, but aches (it was negative), 1 at home Binax after travel because he wanted to see how it worked
    DS1 - 1 Binax at home because he was having a horrible allergy flare and I just wanted to make sure that's what it was
    DS2 - 2 PCR due to vaccine study

Three times. Once last March when I had a cold. Twice in august when I traveled to visit my mom (who has cancer) in California.

DH is a healthcare worker had only been tested twice, once for a colonoscopy and once when he saw my mom.

My BIL has been tested hundreds of times. He works in the industry (so cal), and he needs a negative test the day or two before he works on a set (PCR), plus a test that day (rapid). If he changes studios in between, he needs a different set of tests. Each test is only valid 3 days. One day an entire set was shut down to the tune of $800,000+ because someone tested positive.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OMG, I have no idea. Since I work with immune compromised patients I feel I need to get tested if there is even a chance I might have it. Had to get tested after each vaccine shot because of symptoms. Had to get tested a few times for travel. Couple sore throats, one GI symptom, one fever. It’s pretty easy through work and I get PCR results in <12 hours. Each of my family members have been tested at least once. Two for travel, one for symptoms.

Three for me - all for travel related purposes. My son has been tested a lot. Camp, school, travel...

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH and I, zero so far but I will need to do a colonoscopy so I'm guessing they might require it.
    DD has done it a few times before traveling and meeting people. DS only did it twice for his college.

I have a girls weekend planned in October, so I'm wondering it the rapid tests make sense. I think I heard (on TWIV?) that they don't work so well with asymptomatic cases, but we are all vaxxed.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids were pool tested every week starting late winter until the end of school. In addition, each one was tested for various reasons (travel, camp, sniffles, etc), I would say probably 7 or 8 for my daughter and 3 or 4 for my son. And by travel, I mean we drove out of state, saw no one, returned to the state but it was required.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I get tested weekly at work, so I have no idea of the exact number. I’ve tested twice on my own, once when I had an exposure at work and once when my son wasn’t feeling well.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

but never because I thought I had covid

1. before surgery
    2, 3. Traveling to the Galapagos...on the way there and on the way back
    4, 5. Traveling to visit family in Canada...same as 2, 3.

Oh, I did forget...when we were in Ecaudor, we caught a cold (June, 4 out of 5 vaccinated) and they thought we had Covid...and they tested us using a BLOOD test. Which of course, was for antibodies and came back positive for 4 out of 5 of us. And the PCR test to return to the US was negative. This was before Delta was bad, so we were certain it was a cold due to vax status. I wouldn't be so certain if it was now...
    Last edited by smilequeen; 09-15-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Somewhere around 20ish for me (optional but recommended surveillance testing at work, plus a couple for travel and a couple when the kids were exposed). I think the kids have been tested twice each, and DH has somewhere in the 2-5 range I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

strangely, zero. My ILs- numerous times, her work wants her to test all.the.time. I'm frontline nursing staff, they don't want to know or we'll have even fewer people working than we already do! No one in my immediate family has ever been tested. I think my parents were tested for a trip at one point this summer and a couple times as surveillance- they live in a retirement community
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast