Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Oculus VR 2 reviews?

I am trying to think of a gift for my ODS (who will be 13 in February). He’s big into gaming/coding/etc. His favorite game is Minecraft. We have a gaming computer, PS4, Xbox 1, Wii and probably some other systems that I don’t know/understand. Lol. If your child has the Oculus, does he/she like it? ODS hasn’t asked for this, and I am surprised but maybe he knows something that I don’t know. He has never mentioned VR. Any other suggestions for a big gift are also appreciated. Thank you.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ds2 played with the VR a fair amount but, like many things, it kind of faded out. It makes everyone a bit woozy if they play too long but they still like it.
    I would probably get a Switch instead. Your Wii is pretty out of date and there are plenty of great new games on the Switch.

DS2 played with his a good amount when he first got it but doesn't pick it up much anymore. It really only gets used when he has friends over now since they want to try it. But I don't think it was a waste. His Switch doesn't see much action these days either but he's not a big gamer and spends more time playing sports than anything so take my response with a grain of salt. He's perfectly content with gaming with friends on his xBox a few times a week.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS got one about 2 years ago for Christmas when he was 13. It was used a lot for first few months but has not been used in a long time. But at now almost 15, friends and social time have taken over and he only uses his gaming computer now. But it was a great gift at 13 and I happened to buy very early which was a good thing because they ended up being impossible to get by Christmas. So if you decide to buy, do it now.

DS1 will be 13 in April and loves his Oculus. He doesn't play with it every day, but every couple of weeks for sure. He has a friend he can play with, so he loves that.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by keh602 View Post
    DS1 will be 13 in April and loves his Oculus. He doesn't play with it every day, but every couple of weeks for sure. He has a friend he can play with, so he loves that.
    This reminded me that several of DS’s friends got them at the same time and they were all playing together. This was Christmas 2019 so they only had a couple months with them before quarantine. So maybe that’s why DS stopped using it… I think they are more fun with others. It never occurred to me that maybe it was another quarantine casualty.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DS1 took his Oculus with him to college! He doesn't use it all the time but he does play Beat Saber on it which is pretty physical and he also has a Twitch stream that he streams on when he plays.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH got one a couple of years ago. (Oh wait are we talking about DSs?? )

He was kind of obsessed with it for a while, and got the girls into it too. Everyone made it through all the levels of a star wars game, and many levels of Super Hot. Then the obsession kinda faded away.

I played a few things on it and it's so weird. In one of them you have to get into a kayak in the arctic and there are whales swimming around you and I could NOT do it LOL! It was so strange - I knew it wasn't real but my brain was like - that kayaks going to tip if you get in!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post

He was kind of obsessed with it for a while, and got the girls into it too. Everyone made it through all the levels of a star wars game, and many levels of Super Hot. Then the obsession kinda faded away.

I played a few things on it and it's so weird. In one of them you have to get into a kayak in the arctic and there are whales swimming around you and I could NOT do it LOL! It was so strange - I knew it wasn't real but my brain was like - that kayaks going to tip if you get in!
    Ha, DS got his because DH upgraded. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post

My DH has one too. He's had it for several years and has a racing setup to do the virtual Nascar stuff. I think he uses it most days (about the time I'm going upstairs to read and fall asleep). DS is only 7 but likes to play with it every once in a while too. I think he'll use it more as he gets older.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast