Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I work in a nursing home as a SLP, we had a slow start with cases and then steady cases, so weekly, then biweekly pcr, when a bad outbreak has 2x week pcr and daily rapid. I riufh estimate is 125 so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I work in a nursing home as a SLP, we had a slow start with cases and then steady cases, so weekly, then biweekly pcr, when a bad outbreak has 2x week pcr and daily rapid. I riufh estimate is 125 so far.

We test at work. I did have to go to Walgreens to do a pcr test prior to traveling to Canada. Also when I had to quarantine when DS had Covid had to do 4 tests at the national guard site in town.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Twice-
    Once for allergies
    Once for my colonoscopy(!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default For fun: how many times have you been tested for covid?

Once…I had to have an elective surgery in June, 2020.

DH has not been tested.

Dd1 was tested in April at the hospital when she was having some issues with fainting (it ended up being dehydration). They never suspected Covid but did the test because she could’ve been asked for a negative test to go back to school (the school never asked for the result) though.

Dd2 was tested for sleepaway camp last month.

All tests were negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-15-2021 at 04:12 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My husband had not been tested at all until a couple weeks ago. He was exposed at a work meeting. He did the free test, but the wait was going to be 3-5 days and he was stressing so he paid for a rapid test on the same day. Both ended up negative. Then, he had a medical procedure and had to test this past Saturday. Also negative. Finding testing slots was kind of difficult, as spots are filling up quickly in my area.

My daughter and I have been tested to return to the US from Mexico in June. We tested at the same time as our travelling companions - their tests came back almost immediately. My daughter's and mine took 45 minutes. I joked that it felt like the resort wasn't really testing everyone...... I'm sure they are, but it was a loooooong 45 minutes waiting for ours to come through!! I had visions of being stuck at the resort for who knows how long.

My son has not been tested, though last he he got at least 5 close contact calls from school last year.

(We are all vaccinated.)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Me - 0
    DH 1x (pre-surgery)
    DS1 - 3x (all illness, though one was a "we'll test you while you are here even though this is not in any way a symptom of COVID")
    DS2 - 2x (pre-employment, illness)
    DS3 - 1x (post-camp last year)

All have been negative.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

DD who is 18, has had about 7 tests, mostly due to close contacts, 1 x for travel to Canada.

DH was tested once last fall after he spent a weekend performing at a music festival and learned another musician had tested positive on arriving home.
    DS was tested once this summer when he had what seemed like the worst cold of his life (seriously the kid is rarely sick except for stomach things) and had been at a summer camp so it seemed reasonable he had been exposed.
    DD is getting her first test today, she had a sore throat and raspy voice yesterday so fingers crossed it's nothing, but we're out of school til we testing or quarantine for 10 days. I know of at least 2 kids at her school who have been positive since school started and the kid next to her in class threw up Friday and so the constant 'is it covid or something else dance' is in full swing here.

I've been tested twice, both times when I felt unbelievably run down and terrible and was convinced I had been fighting something for several days. Like could not function at work event where all I had to do was sit and listen to presentations terrible. Both times were the day of or day before getting my period. But it wasn't every month, like once in Dec and then again in March. Of course, I'm feeling that same way today and it's that time of month....

I'm not sure DH would go for us getting regular testing, but I like that idea, our school isn't really doing anything very proactive. The nurse would only tell me there were cases at the school and wouldn't answer whether there were cases in DD's class or grade when we spoke yesterday. You'll only learn if there was a case in the classroom if your child is considered a 'close contact'. I'm not sure how they can accurately assess who's a close contact beyond the kids that sit right next to each other, they are all doing recess together with the rest of the grade, etc. Seems like the whole class should be informed and offered a test. "never miss an opportunity to test" from TWIV is ringing in my ears
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have tested once, DH several times, DC tested weekly all of last school year and this year. Weekly testing is required at their school.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Me- once for elective surgery last November, but I'm taking a precautionary test this afternoon because we will be attending a wedding this weekend
    DH- one for exposure, one for being sick with similar symptoms, both negative. Also getting a precautionary this afternoon.
    DS1 and DS2- one at home Binax each, DS1 due to school exposure, DS2 due to minor symptoms.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast