Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The idea of being able to lawyer up in circumstances like this is confusing to me-- Let's say he did murder her and his lawyer knows that. Wouldn't that make the lawyer guilty of obstruction of justice? Or does that not apply since he's a lawyer? Or is the assumption that the BF hasn't told his lawyer what happened?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    The idea of being able to lawyer up in circumstances like this is confusing to me-- Let's say he did murder her and his lawyer knows that. Wouldn't that make the lawyer guilty of obstruction of justice? Or does that not apply since he's a lawyer? Or is the assumption that the BF hasn't told his lawyer what happened?
    No, you can tell your lawyer anything and that is protected by client attorney privilege.

ETA: that’s an overly broad statement of course. Some things aren’t subject to attorney client privilege. For example, if he told the attorney where she was, I think that would have to be disclosed. I assume the attorney is mainly handling him not communicating in any way with law enforcement so he doesn’t say anything that could be incriminating. Honestly having a lawyer seems smart to me and isn’t that suspicious. The fact that he didn’t report her missing and isn’t willing to cooperate even under legal counsel is what is suspicious to me.
    Last edited by Snow mom; 09-17-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This whole thing sounds like the trip may have exacerbated things, both have documented mental health issues, driving all over the country, not taking medication as needed. It is very strange/sad/suspicious.

Locally a young SLP grad student has mysteriously disappeared, his car which was his prize possession, given to him by his grandfather was found with his clothes in it an hour from here, but he has vanished, no cell records, credit card purchases. My friend was his clinic director who was supposed to meet him at the university clinic called police as it's so out of character for him. It has everyone her baffled.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/0...i-day-missing/

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    No, you can tell your lawyer anything and that is protected by client attorney privilege.

ETA: that’s an overly broad statement of course. Some things aren’t subject to attorney client privilege. For example, if he told the attorney where she was, I think that would have to be disclosed. I assume the attorney is mainly handling him not communicating in any way with law enforcement so he doesn’t say anything that could be incriminating. Honestly having a lawyer seems smart to me and isn’t that suspicious. The fact that he didn’t report her missing and isn’t willing to cooperate even under legal counsel is what is suspicious to me.
    I definitely agree with you that the later is the most suspicious. Even if it's as simple as "She walked away and I couldn't find her".....I wouldn't be acting the way he is right now.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    This whole thing sounds like the trip may have exacerbated things, both have documented mental health issues, driving all over the country, not taking medication as needed. It is very strange/sad/suspicious.

Locally a young SLP grad student has mysteriously disappeared, his car which was his prize possession, given to him by his grandfather was found with his clothes in it an hour from here, but he has vanished, no cell records, credit card purchases. My friend was his clinic director who was supposed to meet him at the university clinic called police as it's so out of character for him. It has everyone her baffled.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/0...i-day-missing/
    Ah, this is sad. I hope it's resolved soon!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

The boyfriend is also now missing.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50244126...-attorneys-say
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

More suspicious re the boyfriend

He was freaking out when given a ride by two other hikers.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...-national-park
    Last edited by KpbS; 09-18-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    K

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The parents claim they haven’t seen him since Tuesday and they call the police yesterday (Friday) now wanting the police to help find him �� I try to keep an open mind but I have some pretty strong judgement of his parents

I'm suspicious about the boyfriend "missing" and think that while Gabby is missing, the boyfriend is in hiding.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    The parents claim they haven’t seen him since Tuesday and they call the police yesterday (Friday) now wanting the police to help find him �� I try to keep an open mind but I have some pretty strong judgement of his parents
    They have to realize how incriminating their behavior and their son's behavior looks. I mean, the story is starting to get a little far fetched for him to have nothing to do with her disappearance. If he did leave without his parent's knowledge, I'm guessing he's starting to crack and panic.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast