Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don’t think it’s suicide. They had a whole travel plan, told folks they were engaged, etc. I think he killed her. Maybe she threatened him.
    K

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Body found near Tetons. No one is saying it is her yet, but I'd say there's a good possibility it it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...day/index.html
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

This youtube video is from a someone who drove past the van a few times in a campsite in the Tetons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBp3aNAGuFM
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."

They are saying the remains found are "consistent with the description" of Gabby I don't think anyone is surprised that this is the (likely) outcome and I am glad that her family will hopefully at least *know* instead of the alternative of constantly wondering.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

The gall of this family. They authorities come to talk to them, they say their son is out but they won't talk to anyone. Then, after the son is missing for "too long", then they want help???? I think they wanted to give him time to run and then they realized that maybe he got in over his head or killed himself. I assume they have them all under massive surveillance--I hope they do.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    The gall of this family. They authorities come to talk to them, they say their son is out but they won't talk to anyone. Then, after the son is missing for "too long", then they want help???? I think they wanted to give him time to run and then they realized that maybe he got in over his head or killed himself. I assume they have them all under massive surveillance--I hope they do.
    I'm afraid that the boyfriend has killed himself in the nature preserve and the truth will be buried with him.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Honest question-- why is there so much intrigue and media coverage of this story? Is it because she's young, white, pretty, and blond? I'm pretty sure hundreds of people go missing a day nationwide, but few get this type of coverage. I'm on a parenting FB group and a mom posted yesterday that her best friend's son is missing, also under suspicious circumstances. He's been missing since August 25th (same week as Gabby), his car was found abandoned with his belongings inside, and he's a current college student (so similar age as Gabby). Zero press, which is why the friend was sharing his story and pictures online. Only difference is he's male and black.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Honest question-- why is there so much intrigue and media coverage of this story? Is it because she's young, white, pretty, and blond? I'm pretty sure hundreds of people go missing a day nationwide, but few get this type of coverage. I'm on a parenting FB group and a mom posted yesterday that her best friend's son is missing, also under suspicious circumstances. He's been missing since August 25th (same week as Gabby), his car was found abandoned with his belongings inside, and he's a current college student (so similar age as Gabby). Zero press, which is why the friend was sharing his story and pictures online. Only difference is he's male and black.

Yeah, this has come up a lot in stories I've read too. Is it what you suggested? Or did her family do something differently to garner attention? Is it because they crossed multiple states so it was in the news in multiple states vs just one? Is it more sensational because they were lovers and traveling together?
    Last edited by petesgirl; 09-19-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've thought often about this when the story first broke and I feel the same as you. Because she's young, white, and pretty. At least that's what I think. I kind of feel awful even saying it, because no one should have to ever be in this kind of situation, but yes. Same phenomenon as the Disney Princess.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The college student you are referring to is Jelani Day, he is from here (small city in IL), my friend was the one who reported him missing as he was supposed to meet with her in the SLP clinic. (I linked the story in this thread). I too feel because he is black and male it is not getting the publicity that stories like Gabby. NO missing person should get "favorable" coverage and it's all horrible, but I agree, if she wasn't blond and pretty I'm not sure we would have heard much about it.

His family and friends are pleading for more media attention, they have tried contacting every news outlet.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast