firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Resale site experts (ebay, etc) , help please!

So, I found something I really want on eBay and I placed the only bid - listing expires in a couple of days. I then found the same item with the same pictures on another resale site for $30 more than my current bid, but shipping is a little less. I’m completely sure it is the same item / seller. On the second resale site, someone can buy outright or make an offer. I don’t want to automatically pay the higher price but I’m also not sure if they are really supposed to have it posted in both places. Can a seller on eBay cancel a listing once there is a bid? WWYD?

Hmmm, I think it’s technically against ebay rules to cancel a listing once a bid is active but there are ways to do it (and legitimate reasons, such as if you find a condition flaw). Could it be something they have multiple items of? Also, most people don’t bid on eBay until the end so your initial bid might not reflect what you will need to pay to win on eBay.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Thanks for the quick reply! I don’t think it’s something they have multiples of, think along the lines of a kind of expensive purse �� and someone probably wouldn’t have 2. I thought about messaging them on the second resale site with an offer, but then wasn’t sure if they would have to jump through hoops because I’ve placed the bid on eBay. Other people are watching the item. Pictures are identical on both sites.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! I don’t think it’s something they have multiples of, think along the lines of a kind of expensive purse �� and someone probably wouldn’t have 2. I thought about messaging them on the second resale site with an offer, but then wasn’t sure if they would have to jump through hoops because I’ve placed the bid on eBay. Other people are watching the item. Pictures are identical on both sites.
    Does she appear to deal in a lot of purses? Check her history. It is entirely possible that she has more than one of a popular purse if she's a busy reseller rather than someone just selling from her closet.

I can easily see her using the same photos if it is a new item. (ie, she's not photographing a flaw or showing specific wear.)

And, as PP said, most bidders don't bid until the very end, so your current bid probably isn't what it'll end up going for, especially if other people are watching.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I sell on Posh and tons of people cross post, but I think they mostly do Buy it Now so there would be time to remove listing on the other platform. I agree it seems risky to have both going like that and probably against TOS.

Thanks, everyone!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I believe you can retract bids on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)