Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Bad reaction to booster, fever x 3 days, mouth sores etc. But I also got a bad reaction to the first one and a milder one to the second one so it is not out of the ordinary of what I got previously
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My mom had no reaction to the booster. Felt fine.
    K

My mom (cancer patient) had her third moderna shot the first week of September. She didn’t report any side effects other than a sore arm. She had more side effects after the second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got the Moderna booster based on strong guidance from my PCP. I had about 24 hours of fatigue and headache, along with a sore arm. It was tougher than my first dose, but much easier than my second.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is it only Pfizer that has been approved for boosters for seniors and high risk individuals? Can Moderna recipients get a booster now as well? Is the recommendation still to stay in same brand? Any waiting period between getting a Covid vaccine and a flu shot?

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Is it only Pfizer that has been approved for boosters for seniors and high risk individuals? Can Moderna recipients get a booster now as well? Is the recommendation still to stay in same brand? Any waiting period between getting a Covid vaccine and a flu shot?
    Last I heard (a few days ago), it is only Pfizer for seniors and high risk inidividuals I believe they were thinking that Moderna will be soon and people should stick to the same brand...but that is from a couple of days ago, so not sure if anything has changed.

ETA: I just read some of the other posts, and I guess its not that clear b/c I know there was some advice to check with your dr and getting the booster for high risk individuals regardless of which brand they had etc, even before the Pfizer decision was made. In short, what I wrote above may not be entirely true. Sorry!
    Last edited by JustMe; 09-21-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Last I heard (a few days ago), it is only Pfizer for seniors and high risk individuals. I believe they were thinking that Moderna will be soon and people should stick to the same brand...but that is from a couple of days ago, so not sure if anything has changed.
    I think that the case. The day after my mom got her Moderna booster, they stopped allowing Moderna boosters. She’s severely immunocompromised (going through chemo for a blood cancer. Blood cancers are at higher risk than solid tumor cancers.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I think that the case. The day after my mom got her Moderna booster, they stopped allowing Moderna boosters. She’s severely immunocompromised (going through chemo for a blood cancer. Blood cancers are at higher risk than solid tumor cancers.)
    Wow, I didn't know that! Glad your mom was able to get her booster! Do you know if those who are seniors/high risk and got Moderna are just supposed to wait or are they able to get Pfizer?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    From what I can see, right now both are authorized for boosters only in immunocompromised patients. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...unocompromised I do not see anything to indicate that the Moderna is no longer authorized for a booster in this population.

The advisory committee recommended Pfizer boosters for 65+ and high risk patients, but I do not see that the FDA has acted on that yet.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

I got a modified booster (beta variant) as part of a clinical trial, and it kicked my butt. It was like the first and second combined, and it lasted for 2 whole days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2