Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Glad he felt safe. But the whole “ive been to places way worse” isn’t very comforting .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

[QUOTE=georgiegirl;4405944]Glad he felt safe. But the whole “ive been to places way worse” isn’t very comforting .

Yeah! He went to a fight about a month ago that he actually felt was a "superspreader" event, very few masks, no social distancing, ect. I didn't even think Covid risk until he had already left. It was family and there was a large contingent headed to the event. He rarely goes anywhere, so I knew exactly what he was referring to... If I hadn't, we would have had a whole other issue...

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I got Covid after doing nothing and going nowhere. Covid sucked. I was sick on and off for three weeks, with myalgia continuing after that. 2/3 kids were in school for two half days a week, fully masked, no lunch. Got groceries delivered. Highly masked area. Didn't go out to eat. Wasn't going to work. But I learned that I did nothing and still got it. We, as a community, literally destroyed children for no reason.

You simply can't worry about it. This virus is endemic. We just need to follow best practice and live with it.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I got Covid after doing nothing and going nowhere. Covid sucked. I was sick on and off for three weeks, with myalgia continuing after that. 2/3 kids were in school for two half days a week, fully masked, no lunch. Got groceries delivered. Highly masked area. Didn't go out to eat. Wasn't going to work. But I learned that I did nothing and still got it. We, as a community, literally destroyed children for no reason.

You simply can't worry about it. This virus is endemic. We just need to follow best practice and live with it.
    I bet your sacrifices saved lives. Maybe it didn't save yours, maybe yours was never in peril, but I bet you slowed the spread. I'm sorry you feel like your children are destroyed. I certainly don't feel like mine are. I taught them to do things for others instead of just for themselves and I think that might actually save them in the end.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I bet your sacrifices saved lives. Maybe it didn't save yours, maybe yours was never in peril, but I bet you slowed the spread. I'm sorry you feel like your children are destroyed. I certainly don't feel like mine are. I taught them to do things for others instead of just for themselves and I think that might actually save them in the end.
    My children are going to be ok. I'm not sure others will be. I'm thankful they are back in school now.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    My children are going to be ok. I'm not sure others will be. I'm thankful they are back in school now.
    I am glad yours are ok and I agree with you there!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2