What an interesting thread, I am yet to read all replies. But I will share what my family does. My DH is an early riser, he is also very disciplined about his bedtime, so he is not one to stay up for anything on Netflix. Honestly I cannot afford to either, but I sometimes I do and then pay the price the next day.
So Kids and I are up anytime between 7-8 and in DH’s eyes it’s late! I don’t make any special breakfast so either it’s oatmeal or English muffins. By the time breakfast is done, the kids and I start on studies, mostly math, DD also does science. None of its is regular schoolwork, it’s all enrichment. Around 9:30-10 I may make a smoothie since DD has dance and has to leave at 11. We carpool but if it’s our turn DH will take her while I take DS for his swim practice. We are home and lunch is done by 1:30-2. I usually make the kids get back at studies but DS does not always comply, especially if I’m working with DD, he will sneak away. These past few weekends they have been taking private tennis lessons and we head out for those around 3:30. Evening I cook, kids may watch a bit of tv. DH mows the lawn, does grocery, I do some cleaning, do everyones laundry and fold clothes and the day is over with still n things on the todo list. DH also tries to work some weekends or study for work, he’s taking a certification so spent time studying for it. I spend most of my free time on the kids. Sunday, we don’t have outside activities but it’s just catching up on household chores that did not get done. Sunday night builds up pressure for me to get cooking prep done but I don’t always manage to prep as well as I’d like.
My DH’s number one grievance is that we don’t do fun things. He feels I spend way too much time with kids studies and his solution just get a tutor. We argue about it a lot. I have recently started a cleaning lady come to do the bathrooms every 2 weeks cause it was killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains