Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Definitely.

I just want to make sure he receives the dosage that gives him the longest-lasting immunity. Pfizer has already shown that it wanes after several months, perhaps quicker than Moderna, so that's my concern.

I do not believe (please correct me if I am wrong) Pfizer tested a lower dose in the 12-15 age group. So we don't actually know that the lower dose wouldn't have worked just as well in that group.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My kids aren't even close to turning 12 so we'll definitely be getting the shot as soon as we can! I do feel like they are already somewhat "protected" because kids tend to have milder cases than adults. Getting SOMETHING, maybe even something slightly less effective (though to be clear I'm saying that I have any evidence that it WILL be less effective just because the dose is smaller) is my priority. My hopes regarding these shots have been sky high and then drooped a bit when it seemed like "Spring" might be when they were finally available. I feel like for kids across the nation, in school (where they should be), they are getting exposed NOW and for many it is just a matter of time. The earlier the release of any mitigating feature the better in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I do not believe (please correct me if I am wrong) Pfizer tested a lower dose in the 12-15 age group. So we don't actually know that the lower dose wouldn't have worked just as well in that group.
    Yeah, I'm not sure. I'd love to know that, too.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic and look forward to DD having the added protection. DD is 10 so it's an easier decision than those with kids getting ready to turn 12.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Great news! I am so happy for those of you with kids in this age group!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I walked DS to school today and he and a bunch of other kids were standing around "bragging" (as 9-10 year olds are fond of doing) that they were going to get the vaccine soon! I hope the FDA moves quickly.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

This is good news for us as well. Dd2 won’t turn 12 until April, 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope mass vaccination of this group is worth it.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I hope mass vaccination of this group is worth it.
    Worth what? They've already lost so much. To me, it's the ticket back so much closer to normalcy. No masks in school, no fraught wondering if so-and-so's parents will let them have a playdate or if they think you're dangerous. No more multiday quarantines waiting for test results for minor symptoms, no more hard stares when your kid coughs, no more anxiety about missing work for 2 weeks when your kid says "mom, my throat is sore". And ability to travel to places where vaccination is or will be required. Worth it to me.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Worth what? They've already lost so much. To me, it's the ticket back so much closer to normalcy. No masks in school, no fraught wondering if so-and-so's parents will let them have a playdate or if they think you're dangerous. No more multiday quarantines waiting for test results for minor symptoms, no more hard stares when your kid coughs, no more anxiety about missing work for 2 weeks when your kid says "mom, my throat is sore". And ability to travel to places where vaccination is or will be required. Worth it to me.
    Worth it to me for totally different reasons. I just think we owed it to the kids to have some protection before all the adults decide they're just "sick of it". I think it will make a big difference. I wonder if parents of even younger kids are still feeling a little left behind? Would love to hear their perspective. Being "left behind" with younger kids makes me want to make sure that I'm attentive to the needs of all the groups.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast