Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62
  1. #31
    basil is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,088

    Default


    Follow Vinay Prasad and Monica Gandhi on Twitter.
    No. Do not.

  2. #32
    Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    No. Do not.
    Why? I am super curious now. Gandhi has credentials and serious credibility.

  3. #33
    basil is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Why? I am super curious now. Gandhi has credentials and serious credibility.
    Prasad is widely regarded as in it for the click bait. No credentials to discuss the things he's discussing in a highly visible public forum (i.e. pediatric vaccines and masks). Gandhi has just been saying the pandemic is almost over for the past 2 years hoping she'll eventually be right, I think.

    Ashishkjha, nataliexdean, erictopol - but mainly Ashish
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,682

    Default

    My DD2 turns 12 Mid December. I won’t wait if Pfizer is available for her sooner. Some immunity is better than none. And it’s already turning colder in NY and people are going to have to be inside so much more.

    (And I was the one who posted that DD wasn’t eligible for any of the trials because she would turn 12 during the trial.).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

    Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

  5. #35
    Kestrel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,826

    Default

    I'm disappointed that there is one vaccine that is out in front. I wish we had more choices for our kids, like the adults did. I mean, a whole generation (5-15 years) basically vaxed with the very same thing. If there does turn out to be some long-term vaccine side effect, that's a lot of people with the same thing. In particular, if one brand's vaccine is required for schooling... I think that's wrong. However, I understand as a lot of parents are on the edge of their seats waiting for approval. (And, of course, if vaccination is required for school before any other brand else gets approval, it's the same thing as requiring that brand.)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Land of the Tar Heels
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    My DD2 turns 12 Mid December. I won’t wait if Pfizer is available for her sooner. Some immunity is better than none. And it’s already turning colder in NY and people are going to have to be inside so much more.

    (And I was the one who posted that DD wasn’t eligible for any of the trials because she would turn 12 during the trial.).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, OK. I couldn’t remember who it was!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

  7. #37
    Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I'm disappointed that there is one vaccine that is out in front. I wish we had more choices for our kids, like the adults did. I mean, a whole generation (5-15 years) basically vaxed with the very same thing. If there does turn out to be some long-term vaccine side effect, that's a lot of people with the same thing. In particular, if one brand's vaccine is required for schooling... I think that's wrong. However, I understand as a lot of parents are on the edge of their seats waiting for approval. (And, of course, if vaccination is required for school before any other brand else gets approval, it's the same thing as requiring that brand.)
    Adults really didn’t have a choice, especially in winter, spring and earlier summer. My dh and I went to same hospital, two weeks apart and we got different shots. Around here, Pfizer is everywhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA.
    Posts
    8,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Adults really didn’t have a choice, especially in winter, spring and earlier summer. My dh and I went to same hospital, two weeks apart and we got different shots. Around here, Pfizer is everywhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    The 12-17 year olds didn't have a choice either.
    Last edited by ett; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:54 PM.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

  9. #39
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I think the problem is that it’s either vaccination or infection. There’s no more option of “we will just be careful until this thing goes away”. This is the mistake that a lot of vaccine hesitant people in my sphere are making. They don’t think the vaccine has chips, they agree that COVID is worse than vaccine side effects and risk, they just think they prob won’t get COVID since they didn’t get it in the first two waves.

    And I would be really surprised if it turned out that vaccination caused more/worse myocarditis (or MIS-C) than COVID infection.
    Yes!! So far our cardiologist has said that the virus itself is causing much more and worse myocarditis, plus MIS-C than the vaccines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Tremendous concern. 1/22,000.

    Follow Vinay Prasad and Monica Gandhi on Twitter.
    I checked Monica out one other time when you posted and never felt like she was giving good solid stats or facts. To me it felt more like an opinion with not much to back it up other than studies that she chose to fit her view.

    Our cardiologist cited a study that showed that out of the athletes who had covid at a college, 15% of them ended up with myocarditis. That's much higher than 1/22,000.

    Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    What she said.

    Everything I read is that the myocarditis from the vaccine is very treatable and improves quickly- Most of the epi’s I read feel the disease is much riskier than any vax side effects. And given the numbers I see recently of 6-10% of kids getting long COVID, and that with Delta, it’s get the vax or get COVID, I’m all for my niece getting vaxed.
    Our pediatric cardiologist said exactly this. We've had numerous conversations about this both when the vaccine first came out and after the cases of myocarditis showed up. He can control the myocarditis from the vaccine. The heart damage from covid is not as easily controlled, especially when you don't know you had covid and the heart issues fester for a long time. He said hands down there's no comparison.

  10. #40
    gymnbomb is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Adults really didn’t have a choice, especially in winter, spring and earlier summer. My dh and I went to same hospital, two weeks apart and we got different shots. Around here, Pfizer is everywhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    In early spring here you took what you could get and counted yourself lucky (I got called in as an “on call” in case there were extras at the end of the day and was thrilled to take anything I could get in early April which ended up being Pfizer). But before the end of April you could choose as long as you were willing to go a different day or drive to a different town for it. Our state’s vaccination appointment system specified which ones were being given where and you could filter results by vaccine brand if you cared. My husband did not care, so I booked his appointment based on location and time. He got Moderna.

    I will happily get my kids whatever is available first for their age groups. I am going to guess there have been many other times in history when a new vaccine came out and only one brand was available and everyone in an age group got it. How many options were there when polio vaccines came out? Or measles or even something like the HPV vaccine at first? Have many people ever really “shopped” for vaccine brands or even paid much attention to the brand of their vaccines before?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •