Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    . And about 1 in 25 kids are experiencing long Covid. Tapatalk
    Numbers I have heard lately are between 6 and 11%. One in ten.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/more-t...g-covid-study/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisone...h=780c25b78ec5

The Forbes article mentions two studies- one saying 1/10 kids, and one more than half of kids end up with symptoms more than 120 days out.

I find the studies linking to lowered IQ especially worrisome.

It’s not the kids who are hospitalized that usually end up with long Covid. Most of these were mild, some even asymptomatic.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

"But Covid and RSV are still different. There has always been a scare of RSV and yes the threat of filled ICUs with Covid cases preventing kids with RSV from getting the care they need is a major issue. I know families whose kids got RSV yearly; my kids never. It was a strange thing; I think daycare may have even closed for an extended weekend due to the threat of the RSV being spread.

If there were 250,000 kids with Covid last week not all of those kids were hospitalized; not all of them had symptoms, and I am sure there were some false positives. Also 250,000 over an entire nation of appx. 73 million children that is .000342465% who had some sort of Covid. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Yes, RSV and Covid are different. Someone asked if the variants were infecting kids, and I was sharing that yes they were, and that kids in the hospital were sick with covid and some with RSV and Covid.

Yes the amount may be small BUT the earlier variants were not infecting children nearly as often, which is what someone had asked.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7