Default Moderna EUA Status for Teens?

Have there been updates on the status of the Moderna EUA application for the 12-17 age group? I know it was submitted in June, but I don't remember hearing anything about it since then. Were there problems? Did it get shoved to the back burner while they dealt with the Pfizer applications? Is this a preview of how long it will take to review the Pfizer application for 5-11s?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Have there been updates on the status of the Moderna EUA application for the 12-17 age group? I know it was submitted in June, but I don't remember hearing anything about it since then. Were there problems? Did it get shoved to the back burner while they dealt with the Pfizer applications? Is this a preview of how long it will take to review the Pfizer application for 5-11s?
    I was thinking about this too! It reminds me that there was another adult vaccine submitted for EUA and we've heard nothing about it for awhile...(what was it Novovax?? Something like that?) And remember that AZ was submitted to the FDA too! My thought (without evidence) is that the FDA is seeing enough vaccine for adults (and potentially enough for teens) that it is pushing these reviews back in order to look more acutely at groups/issues that are underserved? I'd love to hear this from someone who actually knows! I have definitely heard reporting (I think on CNN) that the FDA is going to basically drop everything to thoroughly review the Pfizer 5-11 because there is a very acute need right now.