Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My ancient cuddle duds (sams carries now) and the Costco 32 degree ones have been fine for skiing, but I’d order a bunch and try them on under your intended clothes. They all fit so differently.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Interesting that silk has lost out to other fibers/blends. That has been my family’s go-to for years (especially for the especially sensitive family members).
    Some of the reasons for it slipping include cost (good quality silk is pricier than tech fiber) and care (silk may be a tiny bit more fiddly than tech fiber for some people.) I'd also wager that tech fibers have really improved in the past 10 years alone, making them ultralightweight and comfortable for more people. I remember older tech fabrics that didn't perform the way I needed, so I defaulted to silk instead!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This is really helpful, thank you to everyone. I ordered a couple pairs of smart wool long underwear and I think I might try some of my older son’s LE underwear (I believe they have some wool in them) that he uses for skiing. We are about the same size and he probably won’t be using them the same time I will. I wish we had a Costco nearby. There have been so many Costco products that you all have recommended that I’ve wished we had access to over the years. The closest costco is over and hour away for us so we don’t have a membership.

Thank you, omom, for explaining how to use them. It makes sense to switch out of sweaty ones and into dry for sleeping. I wouldn’t have thought if that (I probably would have brought pajamas). I haven’t done any winter camping since I was in high school and even then it was car camping and my parents handled all the details. So this is all new. I’ll try out the ones I’ve ordered and Ds’s and see if I need more or different.

Thanks again for the responses!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would check Woolx. I just have some leggings and tanks but love them. My mind has been blown by how amazing wool is….I was clueless until this year. And now I have a nice little wool capsule.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love Patagonia’s capilene, but I don’t know how technical it is. I wear lands end for my morning workout in all the weather that Chicago can bring. I love them, but again, not sure how technical. Can you call moosejaw? Or rei?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2