Default Info on Pfizer Vaccine Dosing

This is not the original research or actual data, but includes quotes from a doctor who leads vaccine trials at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital. He suggests the smaller dose for the 5-11 age group would be fine for teens too, which I know some whose kids are almost 12 were concerned about.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/22/healt...ess/index.html
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just logged on to share the same article!

I also wanted to mention that the side effects coincide with what DS2 experienced after his vaccines. Slight headache on first dose, stronger headache on second dose and a bit tired feeling but not enough to stop him from playing or anything. Obviously we don't know yet if he got the placebo or real thing, but I think it was the real one.

Yes, I was the one whining in the other thread. lol This is great to know -- thanks!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Yes, I was the one whining in the other thread. lol This is great to know -- thanks!
    You're welcome. I totally understand your concern, and depending on the timing of everything I may end up wondering the same thing about my 4 year old later!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Default Info on Pfizer Vaccine Dosing

Slightly on the flip side, DS1 turned 12 in mid-July. He’s very small for his age, growth hormone deficient, and about 1.5-2 years delayed in bone age. He receives daily growth hormone shots and sees an endocrinologist. We asked her about the higher dose since we were worried, and she wasn’t concerned at all. DS got his vaccine on time and had no issues other than a sore arm. Same with the second shot. Absolutely nothing other than a mildly sore arm. He didn’t even miss swim practice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Slightly on the flip side, DS1 turned 12 in mid-July. He’s very small for his age, growth hormone deficient, and about 1.5-2 years delayed in bone age. He receives daily growth hormone shots and sees an endocrinologist. We asked her about the higher dose since we were worried, and she wasn’t concerned at all. DS got his vaccine on time and had no issues other than a sore arm. Same with the second shot. Absolutely nothing other than a mildly sore arm. He didn’t even miss swim practice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very interesting. We have been very eager for my small 10-y.o. DGD2 to be eligible for vaccination because she is at higher risk because of various things associated with Turners Syndrome. Fortunately, whenever the vaccine is approved for the 5-12's, she will be in the middle of the range so there will probably not be any dosage concerns.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains