Default KN95 recommendations

I would like to purchase some KN95s for air travel but sifting through the offerings is overwhelming. Can anyone recommend a brand? This is for me and my DH.
    DS 2008
    DD 2010
    DS 2014

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default KN95 recommendations

We’ve had pretty good luck with these (which were one of Wirecutter's top picks recently):
    https://bonafidemasks.com/powecom-kn95/

I like the ear loop style (and find that the headband style gets tangled up in my hair and looks dumb). My friend much prefers the headband style, once he got used to it, because it doesn’t cause problems with his hearing aids. (At our age, glasses plus masks plus hearing aids are a common problem! )

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can also vouch for the Powecom masks, and from the source NCGrandma posted. We have both white and black. DD1 (13) really likes the black ones and they fit her face well, even though she's petite. They fit both me (smaller adult face) and DH (large head) well. The earloops are stretchy and robust. We do a don limit of 5 for school days (wear one day, rest one week, so we have a Monday mask, a Tuesday mask, etc) and DD1's masks still look really good.

My only complaint is that the ear loops hurt my ears if I'm wearing for hours (like for air travel) but that's a complaint that is generalized to all ear loop masks. I solve that with a mask lanyard that has an adjustment toggle. Whenever I need a break I just pull the lanyard up to the crown of my head, tighten the toggle to pull the earloops off the backs of my ears, and breathe a sigh of relief.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 09-22-2021 at 09:19 PM.

I bought some of the Powecom ones too. They didn’t fit me well, but I gave them to my parents and both of them like them. They are my (hard to fit and picky about masks) mom’s favorites now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

We also use those from the same vendor. Reputable, ship quickly, and have worked well for all three of us. They are the only masks my DD has used for the past 15 months..

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wirecutter.com has reviews. I bought from Amazon based on their reviews and they have been great.

Thank you, everyone!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    We’ve had pretty good luck with these (which were one of Wirecutter's top picks recently):
    https://bonafidemasks.com/powecom-kn95/

I like the ear loop style (and find that the headband style gets tangled up in my hair and looks dumb). My friend much prefers the headband style, once he got used to it, because it doesn’t cause problems with his hearing aids. (At our age, glasses plus masks plus hearing aids are a common problem! )

These are the BEST! My kids wear them to school for up to 8-10 hours at a time, I sent a box to my parents who had to get on a plane recently, and all of us love them. Also affordable!

for Sandy Hook

Thank you again for the recommendations! I just ordered both children's and adult's masks from Bona Fide. FYI - per SD, they have a 15% discount code right now - VIKINGS.
    DS 2008
    DD 2010
    DS 2014