15 yr. old DD1 came home with details and a permission slip for a band/orchestra trip for the high school students. They are planning on going to Williamsburg and Norfolk, VA at the end of March 2021 on a weekend on a coach bus. While there they will have several performances and tour several naval boats, museums, a dinner cruise, and spend Sunday afternoon at Busch Gardens. It is one overnight stay at a hotel, 4 kids to a room. She wants to go and room with a good friend who is also vaccinated and whose family is very Covid cautious. She does not know who else in the music groups are vaccinated. Normally I would be OK with this sort of trip, as I attended a similar trip with my music department in high school (though I think I was a sophomore or junior, not a freshman). But with all of the uncertainty with Covid, I'm not so sure about this trip this year. They will follow all school regulations that are in place at that time. As of now, our state has a mask mandate for all inside school activities and masks are mandated on buses as they are considered public transportation. But who knows how things will be come next spring. I feel like when we were in VA and MD over Labor Day weekend, there was much better indoor masking in buildings than there is here in PA. And the staying with 4 in a hotel room is concerning to me. We haven't done hotel stays since Covid started and have only traveled with our immediate family. And eating in restaurants. DH thinks I'm crazy as he is over Covid mitigations. We are all vaccinated and none of us have health triggers, though at that point her vaccine will be almost 10 mos. old. How are other parents handling school or sports trips this year?

Ugh, I'm still wrapping my head around her wanting to attend the Homecoming Dance. The principal sent out information that it will be an entirely indoor event within two rooms in the high school (cafeteria and gym) but that with the amount of students there will little opportunity for social distancing. At least masks are required.