Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default If you’re eligible, are you getting a booster?

Wondering if people will be opting in or out of the boosters?

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm not eligible, and I'm pissed.

I don't have any underlying conditions, but I am within inches of 50+ people a day, and I was vaccinated in December. DH was also vaccinated in December and is seeing COVID ICU patients daily.

I'm really mad
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I will when it's offered (I do think those of us who work in nursing homes should be included as we have direct contact daily with the most vulnerable). I work as a SLP in a nursing home, and have no issues taking the booster shot. My initial shots were in Jan. Our building is still waiting on word when they will be offered to us and our residents. We usually do our flu shots right now, so they are trying to figure out timing of two vaccinations. I will also get boosters for my teens when available (DD is 18 and had hers in March, DS is 15 had his in May).

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I'm not eligible, and I'm pissed.

I don't have any underlying conditions, but I am within inches of 50+ people a day, and I was vaccinated in December. DH was also vaccinated in December and is seeing COVID ICU patients daily.

I'm really mad
    Health care workers should be eligible. I’m shocked it wasn’t approved. DH wants his now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    You ARE eligible. Health care workers are included.

No, they aren't . FDA approved it but CDC ACIP did not.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    No, they aren't . FDA approved it but CDC ACIP did not.
    I realized it right after I typed it. It’s awful. And unfair. Healthcare workers are informed enough to weight the risk and benefit. We have an unvaccinated child at home with attends school with no mask mandate. So he’s in contact with kids without masks…kids coughing a few feet away from him.

Last edited by georgiegirl; 09-23-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Not saying you should do this, but my friend who is an MD in Texas got a third dose on her own...she just went and said it was her first. She said no one asked or cared. She is also the one who told me many parents of 11 y.o.'s had their kids vaxxed anyways, since they don't check for ID.

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    Not saying you should do this, but my friend who is an MD in Texas got a third dose on her own...she just went and said it was her first. She said no one asked or cared. She is also the one who told me many parents of 11 y.o.'s had their kids vaxxed anyways, since they don't check for ID.
    Some people my DH works with have done this too (or checked the box at CVS that they are immune compromised). My immune system is compromised by the stress of this ongoing pandemic! I don't think I can do it though.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would if it was offered! Not really worried for myself (I am healthy and also have low exposure) but I want to do my part to get the pandemic under control.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    I have an MD friend in TX who did exactly this.

I'm not sure the ACIP recommendations are final say...and I also think rollout is going to be a bit wishy-washy where it probably won't be hard to bend the "rules"...

Let's see what happens.

But yes, I'd love a booster, if anything to make it feel safer for us to be around our grandparents and around other vaccinated families without masks!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast