Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I was just coming coming go post this. Great news.

I teach college kids in person (masked…but a lot of the boys don’t know how to wear it properly ), and I guess that qualifies me????
    Same here -- my Mom asked this morning if I was going to get a booster as she thought this qualified me. They wear masks (some need more reminders about covering their noses than others...) but there are 150 of them crammed shoulder to shoulder in a room with no ventilation. I will get one, but I'm not at my 6 months until the end of October. I'll get it sometime in November or December when I have a good weekend where I don't have to do anything in case I'm not feeling well for a day or two.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Is the recommendation still six months past the second shot?
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had Moderna, so I'm fuzzy on if it's even recommended for me (guess that day I had to spend in bed after the 2nd shot was worth the extra protection ).

DH had Pfizer and still works a bit in a "high risk" job, so he's going to get his.

We had ours in late Feb/early March.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    Not saying you should do this, but my friend who is an MD in Texas got a third dose on her own...she just went and said it was her first. She said no one asked or cared. She is also the one who told me many parents of 11 y.o.'s had their kids vaxxed anyways, since they don't check for ID.
    Can't do that in NY...vaccination gets reported to NYIISIS system which is a state medical record and connected to legal name and DOB.

DH and I will defnitely get the booster once eligible. DH had Pfizer, is a teacher, 6mos would've been August for him. I had Moderna and my 6mos would've also been August. Sounds like Moderna booster will be a half dose.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    At this point, I see no reason for me to get a booster. I was vaccinated in January as a licensed psych so it was a long time ago but I have confidence in the B cells (antibodies are not the only indication of immunity). CDC data clearly indicates that fully vaccinated individuals have extremely low risk of serious complications or death from COVID. I believe the odds of hospitalization are 1 in 1 million and of death, 1 in 2.5 million. I like those odds.
    This is how I feel and based on listening to TWIV multiple times a week this is what they all agree on. They just did an entire episode on Covid boosters this week (episode 805). Also, the Moderna booster will be a true booster at just a half dosage of the initial vaccine so I don't think I'd be running out and lying because then you wouldn't even be following the science and dosage recommendations. Once available, I would want my mom to get a booster since she's 65 and got J&J. TWIV would agree with that as well since they actually talked about it specifically (study showed that 2nd dose of J&J boosted protection against hospitization from 71% to 96%). Current protection against hospitization was 93% with Moderna, 88% with Pfizer, and 71% with J&J. If anyone needs a booster, it's the J&J people.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 09-24-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I will wait for the Moderna booster.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default If you’re eligible, are you getting a booster?

I got Pfizer and I don’t see the need honestly unless something comes up. I might qualify if they take weight into consideration as I am overweight, but I work from home, and have no underlying factors like heart or diabetes issues (even though I am overweight).

My mom is 69 and has some weird endocrine issues (Cushings Syndrome survivor—no issue since growth on pituitary gland was removed in late 2017), but I honestly don’t know if that would be an underlying condition, but I would like to see her get it.

Dh had J&J and is most likely going to get the booster when it becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I probably will because I got J&J, bring me up to par with everyone else

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

I'm not planning to get one immediately. It's right at about 6 months post second Pfizer dose for me but I don't technically qualify so I'll wait for more science/research. DH had the J&J so I'm more concerned about him getting either a J&J booster or switching over to mRNA if that's becomes recommended.

Like so many things, this feels bungled but...I think we know of the crazy back and forth because of social media and 24 hour new reporting. In the past, the general public didn't follow along the steps as drug companies, FDA and CDC worked through the data. We saw the recommendations after the back and forth. Being a new virus that's proven unpredictable thus far, I'm guessing the truth is that the committees are making best guesses on what will slow the spread/save lives proactively. We don't have the benefit of years to study it. Their communication sucks and needs work but I would not want to be in their position.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

I just got my flu shot on Wednesday so I will probably get it in a couple weeks. (Got covid vaccines in Dec/Jan).

I am mostly getting it because I am a healthcare worker, with 4 kids in person school with masks optional and high community spread, and DD is still breastfeeding and only 2 so it's going to be a long time still till there's a vaccine for her. I'm not really sure what I will do for her since this will be my third dose she's been breastfeeding during, strongly considering that for her I'll get her one dose of the vaccine and not the second.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast