WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Missed a step and sprained my ankle

I fell on the way to get DD from evening swim team. Just missed a step on the brick front porch. My ankle is very swollen, and my knees and hand are skinned. Hoping to go to urgent care in the morning, but am I just supposed to be still with ice on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Elevate, ice, and rest tonight. In the morning, I'd go to an orthopedic urgent care rather than a general urgent care and I'm sure you all have several good choices out that way. Feel better soon!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have an ace wrap you can use? Light compression, ice and elevate. Ibuprofen for swelling and to help with discomfort. Hope you feel better soon.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh, I've done that before! Like everyone said - ice, compression, elevation, rest. Hopefully it's just a sprain and nothing tore.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Prescription for the beverage of your choice while you rest with your foot up and watch someone else make dinner.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hopefully by now you have been seen at an orthopedic urgent care (yep, those are a thing around here) and are now resting while someone else makes dinner And definitely hoping it’s just a sprain.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks all! Orthopedic urgent Care nearest us didn’t open until 1 and by that time DH was spent from taking kids to practices and jobs. I’m just resting and icing and elevating, hoping to go on Sunday or Monday if it’s still sore. I think it is less horrible feeling and less swollen, so maybe getting better? A friend brought me crutches, so I got upstairs to take a bath!!!

I instructed them on dinner and DH made me the veggies stir fry I had prepped for myself. I’ve learned he has little patience and the kitchen is unnerving to him. We have a ton of freezer meals stocked up for such a time as this, so that will be easy.

Our current set up has me driving the kids to school and swim, so 7 round trips a day, lol. We have some masked carpool options for swim team, and a school bus they could ride, so maybe I should prep them for that on Monday!

My heart goes out to all you mamas who are single or whose DHs travel. This tiny thing would be SO hard without another adult around.

Speaking of tiny things, you guys would not believe that DH had something stuck in his foot for 4+ days and wouldn’t ever stop to soak it in epsom salt like I suggested. Finally on Friday he did and he let me look around the ball of his foot with a flashlight and tweezers. I saw a tiny something a plucked out A GRAY WHISKER! It was about 1 centimeter long and was kept coming and coming as I pulled it out of his foot. It was a hair! A whisker! Crazy. He was back to normal In a few hours after hobbling all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk