Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Well, I'll have real world data (sample size of 1) soon. DD2 was exposed at school during lunch. Of 4 girls that sit together, 2 have tested positive. Had her take the Binax test yesterday afternoon (other girls tested pos Fri and yesterday) and it was neg. Took her for a PCR at Rite Aid yesterday afternoon...results still pending...and have her taking a rapid test at the health department next hour. So, if either yesterday's PCR or today's rapid are positive then I'll know the Binax was a false neg.
    Fingers crossed for a negative result! Are the four girls vaccinated or unvaccinated?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, I'll have real world data (sample size of 1) soon. DD2 was exposed at school during lunch. Of 4 girls that sit together, 2 have tested positive. Had her take the Binax test yesterday afternoon (other girls tested pos Fri and yesterday) and it was neg. Took her for a PCR at Rite Aid yesterday afternoon...results still pending...and have her taking a rapid test at the health department next hour. So, if either yesterday's PCR or today's rapid are positive then I'll know the Binax was a false neg.
    Fingers crossed for a negative result! Are the four girls vaccinated or unvaccinated?

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Unvaxed. They are all 11yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wendibird22, I hope the negative was accurate! Best to your family! I am curious if they were eating outside or inside?

I just snagged 2 Binax kits from Walgreens. Not Walmart, Walgreens! They have been OOS as well, but were in stock for shipping just now. Not the best price, but will be glad to have them on hand.
    Last edited by JustMe; 09-28-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Wendibird22, I hope the negative was accurate! Best to your family! I am curious if they were eating outside or inside?

I just snapped to Binax kits from Walgreens. Not Walmart, Walgreens! They have been OOS as well, but were in stock for shipping just now. Not the best price, but will be glad to have them on hand.
    Negative test today too! So relieved. This was a rapid test but a lab machine read test.

Girls were eating inside. Here's the kicker...the put a few tents outside and "encouraged" kids to each outside. But my kid and her friends asked to on the first day of school and were told no. They assumed 6th wasn't old enough to (the cafeterias are 5-12) and assumed it was just for high schoolers. The cafeteria is a mix of hexagonal and rectangular tables. None of them big enough for 6ft distancing. So every kid eating indoors with their mask off for more than 15mins (which isn't that every kid at lunch?!) has an exposure risk every.single.day. My kid sits at a rectangular table and the girl with COVID and DD sat at opposite ends the furthest distance...so about 5 ft apart. One girl immediately to the left of the girl with COVID has also now tested positive. I've complained to the school about the lack of distancing and that the bus and classrooms are relatively safe because masks plus 3ft at all times. But the cafeteria is the wild wild west with no protocols. Superintendent claims they've reduced the number of people in the cafeteria but I said who cares. I don't care if there's 5 or 500 in the space. So long as my kid cannot be 6ft apart from other people it doesn't really matter. It's fine to sit like that for 7-12 grades because those kids can be vaccinated. But 6grade and younger cannot and you are basically exposing them to risk for 30mins every lunch 5 days a week. I finally got a somewhat satisfactory response today that they are adding extra dining rooms and spreading 6 grade out more and will be assigning seats (right now they can chose where to sit and change seats every day...so no contact tracing without kids having to remember who they sat with what days). But unless the tables get bigger and they make sure they are 6ft apart, it still doesn't matter. And I can tell my kid to eat in less than 15mins and put her mask back on but if the other kids in contact with her aren't masked up, she'd still be a contact...all parties must be masked. It just boggles my mind that the school seems to not care enough to do something about it.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post

I just snapped to Binax kits from Walgreens. Not Walmart, Walgreens! They have been OOS as well, but were in stock for shipping just now. Not the best price, but will be glad to have them on hand.
    Negative test today too! So relieved. This was a rapid test but a lab machine read test.

Girls were eating inside. Here's the kicker...the put a few tents outside and "encouraged" kids to each outside. But my kid and her friends asked to on the first day of school and were told no. They assumed 6th wasn't old enough to (the cafeterias are 5-12) and assumed it was just for high schoolers. The cafeteria is a mix of hexagonal and rectangular tables. None of them big enough for 6ft distancing. So every kid eating indoors with their mask off for more than 15mins (which isn't that every kid at lunch?!) has an exposure risk every.single.day. My kid sits at a rectangular table and the girl with COVID and DD sat at opposite ends the furthest distance...so about 5 ft apart. One girl immediately to the left of the girl with COVID has also now tested positive. I've complained to the school about the lack of distancing and that the bus and classrooms are relatively safe because masks plus 3ft at all times. But the cafeteria is the wild wild west with no protocols. Superintendent claims they've reduced the number of people in the cafeteria but I said who cares. I don't care if there's 5 or 500 in the space. So long as my kid cannot be 6ft apart from other people it doesn't really matter. It's fine to sit like that for 7-12 grades because those kids can be vaccinated. But 6grade and younger cannot and you are basically exposing them to risk for 30mins every lunch 5 days a week. I finally got a somewhat satisfactory response today that they are adding extra dining rooms and spreading 6 grade out more and will be assigning seats (right now they can chose where to sit and change seats every day...so no contact tracing without kids having to remember who they sat with what days). But unless the tables get bigger and they make sure they are 6ft apart, it still doesn't matter. And I can tell my kid to eat in less than 15mins and put her mask back on but if the other kids in contact with her aren't masked up, she'd still be a contact...all parties must be masked. It just boggles my mind that the school seems to not care enough to do something about it.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yay, so happy for you about the negative test! Ugh, about the school stuff.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What did the pcr test from Rite Aid show?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    What did the pcr test from Rite Aid show?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Don’t have that result yet. They have a 2-5 day turnaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

that’s a relief! And I hear you on the lunch situation. Ugh..
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast