jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone shopped The Real Real?

I’m eyeing an item on The Real Real that is final sale. It’s a discontinued item so buying second hand is the only option. I’m wondering how accurate the descriptions tend to be. Is the store determining the condition or the seller? Has anyone listed items through the Real Real? How has your experience been? Would you use them again?

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Curious if you ended up buying the item and what it was. I’ve never shopped there so I didn’t have any personal experience to offer but the reviews online seem mixed. I believe the site determines the condition of the items.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have used the Real Real several times. One main difference between TRR and other resell sites is that they actually have the item at their warehouse. So they inspect it themselves vs other places that rely on the individual seller to inspect and describe. So, I have found their descriptions and conditions to be accurate. Final sale for clothing makes me nervous though unless you know the brand/fit well. I have bought some final sale by mistake before then just reconsigned what didn’t fit and some of it did sell. Other than that I have not sold other items. I did once buy a final sale bag that had a zipper missing that was not in description and they gave me a full refund- this was about 10 years ago.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I browse there all the time and haven't gone though with a purchase yet. One friend had a handbag purchase that took a very long time to ship to her, but once she got it she was very happy.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    Curious if you ended up buying the item and what it was. I’ve never shopped there so I didn’t have any personal experience to offer but the reviews online seem mixed. I believe the site determines the condition of the items.
    I have not bought it yet. It’s a handbag and I think they have their measurements wrong as I haven’t seen one anywhere with the measurements they have listed. It’s a final sale so I’m worried that it will be the wrong size when it arrives. It’s not crazy expensive so I may just give it a shot.